No Longer the Cock of the MLB Walk

G-Fafif

No Longer the Cock of the MLB Walk

Post by G-Fafif » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:44 pm

Peacock games aren’t happening this season.

https://frontofficesports.com/questions ... etly-ends/
Hope for the best. Expect the Mets.
MFS62

Re: No Longer the Cock of the MLB Walk

Post by MFS62 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:48 pm

It is now a better world we live in.
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm

We have known this for some time, no?

I thought a Sunday-morning game was an interesting experiment in itself, giving baseball that Premier League feel, or reminding East Coasters how it felt for Hawaiians to experience the NBC Game of the Week.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:30 pm

Got the Apple+ or whatever it's called still loaded on dumb TV. But,
I had to spend 15 minutes with passwords and emails and PIN's or
whatever but I'm set for Friday. I think.

Just have to remember not to let 'free trial' go uncancelled or they'll
dick me for $10. All this nonsense is not fan-friendly.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
G-Fafif

Post by G-Fafif » Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:24 pm We have known this for some time, no?
Article is indeed from December; it was shared today as if news in a Facebook group. I thought the Cock was still struttin’ given the Mets have maintained their 1:40 Sunday start time, itself a deferral to the streamer.
bmfc1

Post by bmfc1 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:39 am

That's a good point. Sunday games had to start at 1:40 to give Peacock a bigger window.
metirish

Post by metirish » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:19 am

Peacock and NBC to their credit have done amazing work with the EPL , we get to see all the games while in the UK market they don't ,if you had asked me I would not have remembered that Peacock had MLB games
G-Fafif

Post by G-Fafif » Thu May 02, 2024 9:58 pm

Sunday morning coming down again? The Athletic reports Roku may be strutting where Peacock exited.
Major League Baseball and Roku are in advanced talks to make the service the new home for Sunday morning baseball this season, sources briefed on the discussions confirmed to The Athletic on Thursday.

The games were previously on NBC’s subscription streaming service Peacock. Peacock has been interested in retaining the “MLB Sunday Leadoff” package of nearly 20 games. It paid $30 million per season, but was only willing to renew for about a third of that price, according to executives briefed on the discussions.

MLB and Roku do not yet have a signed agreement, leaving the possibility that talks could still break down. MLB declined to comment.

Last season, Peacock’s package began April 23rd and ran into early September. With any possible agreement already past last year’s opening morning first pitch, Roku could have a lighter schedule compared to the 19 that Peacock streamed.

If a deal is signed, then each Sunday, just as with Peacock, the Roku games will start at 11:30 a.m. or just after noon. It allows for an exclusive window until the rest of the Sunday games have their first pitch after 1:30 p.m.

Roku is a streaming service that provides access to apps, like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and TV channels with verification of subscriptions. It also has begun its own programming with its channel to add to its hub.

MLB programming would be its first major live rights deal. The Roku service is available without a subscription, though some fans will still have to go through the process of figuring out how to access it on their TV, phones or any other mobile device.

If the partnership happens, the games are expected to be produced by the live production arm of MLB Network as Roku does not have the infrastructure.
Helps explain why the 1:30-ish Sunday starts have remained intact.

https://theathletic.com/5468039/2024/05 ... -baseball/
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu May 02, 2024 10:09 pm

He said "cock".

Ha Ha.
bmfc1

Post by bmfc1 » Thu May 09, 2024 1:51 pm

Various Sunday afternoon games have been shifted, likely in anticipation of the successor to the Cock for the Sunday contract. The Mets game against the Marlins on August 18 is now at 12:05.

Rumors have the Cock's package being moved to the Roku Channel. Really.