50%
No votes
50%
No votes

Total votes: 2
metirish

The Killer ( Netflix)

Post by metirish » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:38 am

David Fincher movie , critics seem to love it , I found it a bore-fest , Michael Fassbender plays an assassin, it's actually boring work , when things go south he becomes the prey and must break his own rules and go on the offense.

Soundtracked by The Smiths music , probably the best thing about it

I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to this, I think it's the kind of movie you'll either love or hate

Edit to add, there is a really great fight scene
TransMonk

Re: The Killer ( Netflix)

Post by TransMonk » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:15 am

I liked it. It's not a great movie, but it made me remember what a fan of David Fincher's direction I am. The dark and light, zoom/focus shots, elaborate camera follows...the guy has a technique that I love. It made me go down a rabbit hole of his music videos and I realized the guy basically defined what sex and sensuality was to me as a 14 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYOCR6Z ... Aj_UCkwHH-

The only gripe I really had was that there wasn't a lot of origin on why I should root for this guy doing what he did. For such a cold and calculated guy, I didn't believe in his motivation for his actions. It is based on a foreign graphic novel that I haven't read, so maybe it was being true to how that is presented. But overall, I enjoyed it. Yes, the fight scene was great and The Smiths were a good choice.
i am a patient boy...i wait, i wait, i wait, i wait
metirish

Post by metirish » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:54 pm

Right, no reason to root for him, or anyone really, the assassin sent to Dominican wasn't that good either at his/her job.
metirish

Post by metirish » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:25 am

Vic Sage review incoming hopefully