🌺🌺🌺🌺
33%
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺
No votes

Total votes: 3
Chad ochoseis

Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

Post by Chad ochoseis » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:10 pm

Based on a true story. The Osage tribe collects royalties on oil below their reservation. The white man collects royalties on the Osage.

Scorsese directs as if it's a New York mob movie that happens to take place in Oklahoma, with DeNiro as the Don and DiCaprio playing his loyal but slow-witted caporegime who figures out too late that he's just a pawn in the game of life. Blackfoot Nation member Lily Gladstone earned a Golden Globe for playing DiCaprio's Osage wife, who's always a step or two ahead of her dumdum of a spouse.

On Apple+.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
Frayed Knot

Re: Killers of the Flower Moon (2023)

Post by Frayed Knot » Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:45 pm

Very good book from a handful of years ago.

Haven't gotten around yet to the movie, the 3-1/2 hour running time being one of the obstacles.
It's funny, I have no problem sitting through a lengthy movie in a theater (providing it's a good flick of course), most
recently I wasn't the slightest bit antsy during the 3:01 OPPENHEIMER. Yet I find that I possess less and less patience
in recent years for watching even standard length movies at home. Too many distractions and too easy to take them,
I guess, so I often break up the viewing over two or more sessions. Not an ideal way to watch one I realize.
Posting Covid-19 free since March of 2020
cal sharpie

Post by cal sharpie » Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:10 pm

I saw it in the theater. Yes, long, but beautiful with great Robbie Robertson music and some wonderful performances. I had read the book - Scorsese cut out much of the birth of the FBI stuff which would’ve made it longer. I liked it a lot.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:39 am

Frayed Knot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:45 pm I have no problem sitting through a lengthy movie in a theater (providing it's a good flick of course), most
recently I wasn't the slightest bit antsy during the 3:01 OPPENHEIMER. Yet I find that I possess less and less patience
in recent years for watching even standard length movies at home.
I kinda have the same issue. Kinda. My issue is that I've seen very few new movies over the past 10 years or so. Not only in movie theaters, but even when they play on TV/Cable TV. I just have less patience. This doesn't apply to movies that I've already seen. I could watch those all over again. Also, this doesn't apply to older movies that I've never seen. I'm a big fan of TCM. But I have less patience for newer movies. I don't know exactly why that is.
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:13 am

Ah TCM!

My mom who lives seven miles away watches TCM all the time. And although we both have Comcast, we have different channel lineups, and hubby and I don’t get it.

Wish we did.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:32 am

If I look at my watch during a movie, it is too long.
While I liked it, I looked at my watch several times during the Revenant.
I never looked at my watch during Oppenheimer.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
metirish

Post by metirish » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:47 am

Just watched it, up early, I certainly liked it , didn't particularly love it , great performances though
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:43 am

I'll watch it eventually. It's a great book.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:14 pm

Got shut out at the Oscars.
His films never seem to strike a chord with the voters.
Is it a "New York" thing they resent?
It didn't hurt Woody Allen.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell