Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Francisco Lindor

Edgy MD

Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Francisco Lindor

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:39 pm

Yeah, the chance to predict the season of your favorite Mets has returned, with a wrinkle. This year, you might actually get to your favorite Mets before tuning out, because instead of giving a thread to each member of the 40-player* roster, plus every camper, in alphabetical order, we will give them each a thread in order of their expected goodness, based on their Zips predictions.

Zips works with its own proprietary formula, so who knows what's in there? (Hell, WAR itself is built from a proprietary formula.) Sure we could have used Pecota or Depth Charts or taken a great big Steamer, but we don't really want to defend any of these so much as use one as a framework for going from the higher-profile Mets to the lower-down dudes.

And who is higher profile than I am? For I am Francisco Lindor. I'm not the best-hitting shortstop in the league, but I'm totally up there. I'm not the best-fielding guy at the position, but I'm in that group also. Not the fleetest, but I tear ass pretty well on the basepaths too. I'm that all-round guy, plus I'm a switch-hitter, unofficial captain, celebrated hair model, and the smiling face on the cover of your media guide (face of the franchise?) I produce, I play hurt, and if my double-play partner needs a slap, I'm the guy to go down in the tunnel and slap him one.

Zips says to expect about 5.4 WARs from me. That's pretty cool, but the truth is that the future is unknown.

Don't let that stop you from guessing, though. How am I gonna do?

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Benjamin Grimm

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Francisco Lindor

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:55 pm

.275, 22 homers, 95 runs scored. He'll be named Team Captain.
G-Fafif

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Francisco Lindor

Post by G-Fafif » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:03 am

Livin’ la vida Lindor…
As Lindor’s paycheck grew, so did his luxury tastes. “As I got older, signed higher contracts, and became wealthier, I was able to get myself nicer things. But the most important thing then was to take care of my family, and to this day, it’s still the most important thing,” he declares.

That said, luxuries — even the little ones — are essential. Not just as signs that he’s “made it,” but because luxury truly brings him joy. “Luxury means different things to different people; everything is relative,” he notes. “For me, luxury is eating well at great restaurants, having a masseuse, owning great cars. Luxury is the ability to get yourself things that bring you joy, and for me, joy can be found in getting a nice stroller for my daughter, watching a nice TV when I’m sitting by myself on the couch, having a personal chef. I have a nice weight room at my house. I don’t have to leave my house to work out — that is a luxury. Being able to take my daughter to Disney World — even though I don’t like theme parks — that is a luxury, too.”

But when it comes to watches, well, that’s a different story. To Lindor, watches are far more meaningful than a simple luxury. And what’s more, they bring him a sense of peace that nothing else in life — not even alone time on his bicycle or on the couch — can match.

“I could have a thousand watches, and for someone else that might be a dumb expense. For me, it’s art. It brings me a lot of joy and a lot of peace looking at my items. For me, a watch used to symbolize success, but not anymore. I have so many in my collection that it doesn’t symbolize that for me anymore.”

He has so many that he can’t quite share a number, but rest assured, it’s a lot. He wears one constantly. One before he showers, another during the day, a third before bed. Yes, he wears his watches to bed, and no, they’re not uncomfortable. He also wears his chains, rings, and all manner of jewelry under the covers; he’s counting sheep fully blinged out.
https://hauteliving.com/2023/03/francis ... ry/725055/
Hope for the best. Expect the Mets.