Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Drew Ferguson

Edgy MD

Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Drew Ferguson

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:32 am

Who's that Rule V pickup from the Astros who hit .444 for the Mets in Spring Training. Oh, wait ... that's me!

Yes that's me and I'm Drew Ferguson. I have no big league plate appearances at 28, but with all the glove-firsty guys the Mets have added, I'm the contact hitter with a good eye. And while I'm not a defensive diva, I'm a good athlete who has played center more often than not. And I'm a righty bat in a sea of lefties. I think that means I'm on speed-dial for a promotion.

Face it. The Astros have been sick with outfield talent the last half decade, which is why the Mets were able to get J.D. Davis when they did. Well, I say I'm also a talent that has slipped through the cracks too. Did you know this is my second time getting pinched in the Rule V? It's true! Back in 2020, the Giants took me, but they had to return me because they couldn't fit me on their opening day roster. But the Mets were able to grab me in the minor league portion of the draft. That means the Mets are smart.

When Googling me, please keep in mind that I'm not the Drew Ferguson who represents Georgia's Third Congressional District in the House of Representatives. He's another guy. While I'm a comically boring interview, I'm working hard on my cliches. Seriously, I just want to do what I can to help the team.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Re: Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Drew Ferguson

Post by MFS62 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Drew rhymes with "who?" and that is what people will say when asked about him by this time next year.
Nothing major Metly in 2021.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:59 pm

After every three innings of extra-inning play, your roster can expand by one. If you have a non-roster player who happens to be with the team at the time, great. Otherwise, maybe you're able to get a minor leaguer rushed in from out of town. Maybe you activate a coach. Maybe you have a retired player that's still in good shape glad-handing it in the hospitality suites, and you rush to sign him.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:25 pm

In 2021, Drew will pitch the second no-hitter in Mets franchise history.

Bookmark this post for posterity.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:28 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:25 pm In 2021, Drew will pitch the second no-hitter in Mets franchise history.

Bookmark this post for posterity.

Wait a second! This guy's not even a pitcher.

Never mind.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:53 pm

That was an impressive stretch of a prediction.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:57 pm

I agree with batmag this guy sounds like he's a quarterback.

10 homers in Syracuse, passes for 1500 yards and 12 TDs in the XFL
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:58 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:59 pm After every three innings of extra-inning play, your roster can expand by one. If you have a non-roster player who happens to be with the team at the time, great. Otherwise, maybe you're able to get a minor leaguer rushed in from out of town. Maybe you activate a coach. Maybe you have a retired player that's still in good shape glad-handing it in the hospitality suites, and you rush to sign him.
Or maybe you activate Drew Ferguson.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:06 pm

That was supposed to be in the Rulez thread.

I'm not posting well. I've got to spend more time in the cage.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:10 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:59 pm After every three innings of extra-inning play, your roster can expand by one. If you have a non-roster player who happens to be with the team at the time, great. Otherwise, maybe you're able to get a minor leaguer rushed in from out of town. Maybe you activate a coach. Maybe you have a retired player that's still in good shape glad-handing it in the hospitality suites, and you rush to sign him.
I think it'd be more fun if each team lost a player for every extra inning, instead of gaining players, plus letting teams play short-handed in extras, as well. So if you get to the 12th or 13th innings, teams might have just two outfielders. Or just one, perhaps. Maybe the strategy would be that when there aren't any baserunners, the fielding team plays without a catcher.

I mean, whose gonna have spare players on hand to bring into a game? With your rule, might as well let teams pull new players from the stands. Maybe even a grandma, just for fun. Like when Keith Moon passed out in the middle of a Who concert and the band asked for drummers from the audience. "Is there a drummer in the house?"
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:10 pmLike when Keith Moon passed out in the middle of a Who concert and the band asked for drummers from the audience. "Is there a drummer in the house?"
Lol, did that really happen or is that (kinda familiar) folklore?

Nothing Metly nor MLBy for Fergie in 2021.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:42 pm

Totally happened. Beaucoups grainy video evidence.
LWFS

Post by LWFS » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Hot start in Syracuse, comes up for a week during a weird, we-thought-they-tested-positive-but-they-didn't IL week in June, PHs twice, and goes back down. Maybe does that again later in the year, to similar effect.

Basically, Campbell's Soup, new recipe. 30 or so PAs at the major league level, at a .190/.250/.300 clip. In 'Cuse, though, that's a chunky .303/.380/.495 with 15 big honking, fence-clearing croutons.