Catch-22: Carlos Carrasco

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:58 am

NAME: Carlos Carrasco
POSITION: Starting Pitcher
NUMBER: 59
NICKNAME: "Cookie"
fWAR IN 2021: 0.1
ZIPS PROJECTION FOR 2022: 1.3

Life has some weird peaks and valleys. I came to camp last season as the #2 starter, and my performance barely qualified me to be the #2 farter. Injuries, misdirections, false starts, and in the end, any contribution I made to the 2021 Mets could best be describred as "negligible."

So I slid down in the pecking order, as tends to happen, and reported to camp as the team's nominal #5, with Tyler Megillicuddy and David Peterbilt breathing down my neck. I was a forgotten man, or this close to becoming one, anyhow. Lady Obscurity was waiting for in the car with the engine running.

But I'm not quite 11 innings into my 2022, and people are starting to remember. Fuck me, but I've already contributed more to this season than I ever gave to last, and we're still only one series into our first homestand. So maybe some of this is real, and the YEAR TWO BOOST is gonna work for me. Maybe Lady Obscurity needs to head home lonely tonight.

That's a lot of maybes, but a good start makes you anticipate good things. That's only natural for a man.

But you're a more dispassionate judge. What do you see for 2022 and me?

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.