Post by Edgy MD » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:28 pm

NAME: Tylor Megill
POSITION: Starting Pitcher
NUMBER: 38
NICKNAME: "Big Drip"
fWAR IN 2021: 0.6
ZIPS PROJECTION FOR 2022: 1.1
fWAR ALREADY IN 2022: 0.6

It's passing strange. I was the OPENING DAY starting pitcher. I currently lead the league in wins with three. But there hasn't been one of these stupid threads about me? I am NOT OK with that.

I'm Tylor Megill, and I'm an inch taller than Noah Syndergaard, and I'm a big part of why nobody is talking about that cosplaying weirdo. I may have come to camp as the #6 starter, but I got hammered into that rotation, and nobody is in a hurry to pry me out of it.

Why is that? Well, my velocity is up, touching 99 and shit. And my control has moved into the deGromian range, walking dudes at half the rate I did last season.

If it feels like a gift, that's what you can consider it. My gift to you. They sure aren't paying me the big bucks.

But many gifts have a shelf life, and you'd be forgiven if you're not sure how long I'm going to keep performing at this level. But dang, I'm going to keep performing, and the level I finish at is gonna be where it's gonna be. Whatever doubts you may have about that, only the wisest truly know.

So what do the wisest say?

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
nymr83

Re: Catch-22: Tylor Megill

Post by nymr83 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:04 am

He'll finish 4th in the CY Young voting and make everyone care a lot less when deGrom doesn't pitch all year.
- - -
“It feels bad when I strike out and I get booed” -Big Baby Baez
Johnny Lunchbucket

Re: Catch-22: Tylor Megill

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:21 am

Even when he wasn't the best pitcher in baseball, I admired his dull, laconic, gum-chewing demeanor -- which is a good thing to have if you're a starting pitcher without elite stuff trying to make it. He's also like, big and tall, probably has retard strength, so its not impossible that he's quietly found something more.

I'm sure he'll have a few games this year where he'll look like a AAAA guy but given the great head start: 13-8, 3.77