Post by Edgy MD » Mon May 02, 2022 10:19 am

NAME: Seth Lugo
POSITION: Relief Pitcher
NUMBER: 67
NICKNAME: "Quarterrican"
fWAR IN 2021: 0.4
ZIPS PROJECTION FOR 2022:0.9
fWAR ALREADY IN 2022: 0.0

It's a month or so into the season and you don't have a predictablations thread about me. I'm one of the longest tenured Mets (longest, by some measures) and I think that sort of neglect is pathetic.

it is what it is, though. I'm coming off some injury and apparent decline the last two seasons, so I get it. And when spin rate is your calling card, and then suddenly the league bans Spider-Tak, well, everybody's going to be looking at you. I get that.

I get that, but I kind of think it sucks. Everybody used that shit. And the only thing that got used more than that is me, from 2017 to 2020. I was Mr. Reliable at the back end of games, setting up closers when you had a lead, keeping hope alive when you had a tie, and keeping things within reach when you were down a run or so. I also subbed for the closer when he was hurt or lost or in jail or something

You think I'm gonna be the same guy after pitching that many high-leverage innings?!!

But it's a new regime. Buck has, as they say, widened the circle of trust, and I'm splitting high-leverage spots with guys name Trevor and Joely and Trevor and Adam, and probably one or two more Trevors. That's cool, as long as none of them is Trevor Bauer. I've barely seen any big action so far, but when the whether gets hot, I think I'm going to be there for you, and there for you big.

But thinking ain't doing. I got a 67 on my back which reminds me just how fragile this life is. Twenty-twenty-two is mostly before me. How is it going to play out?

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.