Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Omar Narváez

Edgy MD

Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Omar Narváez

Post by Edgy MD » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:01 pm

Rather than going big at catcher two years ago, the Mets went for a transitional figure. James McCann. McCann had a moment here and maybe there, but any transition to a better future that the Mets enjoyed in the meantime sure didn't happen at catcher. They ended his tenure early. It wasn't a deal, so much as a deal-off. Transition aborted.

So here they are, reasonably hoping a better, not-batting-ninth, backstopping future is on the horizon with Fernando Álvarez, Kevin Parada, and possibly others. It could arrive tomorrow, possibly later, possibly well later, and possibly not at all. But rather than pushing it further down the road by going big this time, they replaced their transitional figure with another transitional figure. And that's where I come in. I'm Omar Narváez.

Like McCann, my career has had a few bright spots, my defense has been a feature (at least in recent years), but there probably ain't a lot of kids that are excited when my card appears in their pack o' Topps. But I'm Venezuelan, a respected vet, and hopefully I can impart some wisdom to the more talented youngsters while squeezing what's left out of my lesser — but perhaps more fully realized — talent in my own person.

I don't know what's coming of that. Everything might go silky smooth, or you might be looking up how to say McCann in Venezuelan by mid-May. I just don't know. But you might.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Benjamin Grimm

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Omar Narváez

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:10 pm

I'm hoping (and expecting) that sooner or later I'll learn how to remember what his name is.
DocTee

Post by DocTee » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:16 pm

The best Omar since Quantinilla.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:48 am

He's like Rod Barajas and Henry Blanco at once.

8 Hrs .224/ 275/375