Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Eduardo Escobar

Edgy MD

Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Eduardo Escobar

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:59 pm

Man, that flirtation with Carlos Correa was a kick in the ballz. Yeah, I was only an asset half the year last season, but seeing Billy Eppler flirting with some other guy while I'm just standing here was demeaning.

I'm the Mets incumbent thirdbaseman, WHETHER MANAGEMENT CARES OR NOT. Yeah, I've got three infield prospects and a Gold Glove-quality reserve pushing me from below and a profligate owner above threatening to replace me with the flavor of the month. What can I say? It's a competitive game. But I had some memorable highlights last season (along with some admittedly deep shlumps), including some of the most memorable performances of the season by ANYBODY on the team, and as far as today goes, I'm the king of the hot corner. What do you say to THAT?!

Seriously, what do you say to that? Because who knows how long it's going to last and how 2023 will look?

Nobody. Nobody knows until you tell us.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Benjamin Grimm

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Eduardo Escobar

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:11 pm

Image Image

Image Image

He definitely had some moments in 2022.

Signed through this year with a team option for 2024.

I think he'll get most of the third-base time through May at least, but then as one or two of the Mets' infield prospects mature, he may get bumped to more DH time. If Baty and/or Vientos and/or Maurico really come on strong, maybe Escobar gets traded during the summer for a starting pitcher or a slugging outfielder.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:22 pm

Lotsa typing for a one-year (so-far) Met.

whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:55 pm

Sweet shoes; where’s Peter?
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Mar 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Pete's in the lower right.

Shmescobar is going to have a good season, his totals only kept down by other folks invading the lineup and giving him more days off than his performance might otherwise warrant. .271 / .330 / .490 // .820, with 18 homers and 62 RBI.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.