Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Luis Guillorme

Edgy MD

Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Luis Guillorme

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:29 am

My belly may bloat and my legs may stumble, but my hands are as good as any in the game, and I aims to test how far that can get a man.

I'm Luis Guillorme, and I'm the number-two guy (at least for now) at three infield positions. My sweet and soft hands may not get me into the lineup every day, but apart from my shiny ballhandling on defense, I've been able to generate some offensive utility out of them as well, which at least is more than Rey Ordóñez could say (until he left the Mets).

I'm not dumping on Rey here, I'm just telling my story. And seeing me get more playing time in spring can make a person wonder exactly what I can do with more regular playing time. For it was in spring that I hit that mammoth homerun to center. It was in spring that I made a plate appearance last all day. It was in spring that I plucked a flying bat out of the air as it tomahawked toward my teammates.

I'm like the springVP, but when we talk about Twenty-Three Skiddoo, we're mostly talking about summer, and how I fit into the Mets' summer plans remains to be seen. And how I respond to whatever time I get is what we're here to talk about.

So start talking. I've got some balls to juggle. And some facial hair to grow.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Edgy MD

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Luis Guillorme

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:59 pm

OK, not a lot of Luis predictions.

I'll go with a bullish .284 / .352 / .389 // .741 in 106 games. Four homers and four steals.

He'll be a 4/4 guy.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
cal sharpie

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Luis Guillorme

Post by cal sharpie » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:31 pm

Luis has 4 career homers and 4 career steals. He is already a 4/4 guy. I predict he will not end 2023 as an 8/8 guy. .256/ .328/ .345/ .673. I think he’s a 2/2 guy at most.