Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Daniel Vogelbach

Edgy MD

Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Daniel Vogelbach

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:05 pm

Yeah, I know you're thinking of Edwin Diaz. I am too. But don't hang me for it. I'm not the guy who stepped on his patella tendon, or whatever he destroyed.

I'm Daniel Vogelbach, and you can call me Mr. Three-True-Outcomes, because I walk, I whiff, and when I get the opportunity to, I destroy baseballs.

Here's a fun fact! Despite showing up at the butt end of last year, I'm three games short of becoming the Mets' all-time leader in appearances at designated hitter.

Here's another fun fact! I haven't checked, but I'm pretty sure that, conversely, I'm also the organization's all-time leader in game appearances without putting on a glove.

Yeah, those facts are fun without necessarily being plusses. I don't really run at all, and while I may have outhit Dom Smith in taking his role, I'm probably a less encouraging option as a backup firstbaseman, and certainly not in the conversation as an emergency outfielder.

But, as I mentioned, I hit the ball and the ball hurts a lot. I've hit as many as 30 in a season, and while my career batting average is .218, I've raised that in recent years by curtailing my strikeouts. I'm a work in progress, and progress I've made.

So what does Vogelprogress look like in 2023?

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
G-Fafif

Re: Twenty-Three Skiddoo: Daniel Vogelbach

Post by G-Fafif » Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:31 pm

Stolen base threat this year.

https://www.mlb.com/video/a-new-man-of-steal
Hope for the best. Expect the Mets.