Dunkin Donuts Stadium - Hartford

MFS62

Dunkin Donuts Stadium - Hartford

Post by MFS62 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:11 am

Saw Binghamton lose to Hartford 5-2
https://www.milb.com/gameday/rumble-pon ... ame=571983
Saw Binghamton lose to Hartford 5-2

Dunkin Donuts Stadium is new, a few years old. Parking is close and access from the major highway (Rt 84) is easy. The staff is friendly and helpful. It holds 6,500 people, and is filled most nights.

Some observations:
Catcher Patrick Mazieka looks good. He had two of their 4 hits. He pulled his HR to right and went with the pitch to single to left.
Shortstop Andres Gimenez made three plays that would make the year-end highlight reel for any major league club. A lefty hitter, he got a hit off a 94 MPH fastball from a lefty reliever who had just struck out the previous two batters.
Pitcher Tony Dibrell is just up from A ball, and entered the game with an 8+ ERA. He tired in the fifth after looking good for 4. Strangely, he was throwing 89 at the beginning of the game, but after he gave up three runs, he pumped it up to 94.
Great ballpark, great food (today's specialty was bacon covered munchkins, which would have made my cardiologist cringe and lobster bisque). Great giveaways (a really a top quality hat). Great fun.
Only one negative thing, the giveaway program has names and pictures of the players, but no numbers. And their unis don't have the names on the back. Very frustrating.

Later
Last edited by MFS62 on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
MFS62

Re: Dunkin Donuts Stadium

Post by MFS62 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:01 am

Dunkin Donuts Stadium was voted the best AA Ballpark again this year:
https://www.courant.com/sports/hc-sp-mi ... story.html
Dunkin’ Donuts Park has been a huge success since opening, and this vote shows once again how the Yard Goats have connected with the greater Hartford community,” said Ballpark Digest publisher Kevin Reichard. “The Yard Goats story is one of the most successful in all of baseball, and a win this year confirms that status.
My daughter is getting tickets for us when Binghamton comes to town and I hope to provide some personal scouting reports.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
MFS62

Re: Dunkin Donuts Stadium - Hartford

Post by MFS62 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:32 am

Max Scherzer was right. It is a nice ballpark, and again it was voted the best AA ballpark.
https://www.ctinsider.com/sports/articl ... 330205.php

Later
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:19 pm

Just got tickets for our annual family trip to see the Yard Goats.
Unfortunately, they won't be disguised as the Hartford Bouncing Pickles that day.
The Yard Goats will play three games under different team names. For the game on May 17, the team will play as the Hartford “Bouncing Pickles,” playing tribute to an old law in the state that prohibits the sale of a pickle unless it can be bounced off the ground.
https://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/c ... 776357.php

But if there are any hats available, I'm getting one.
Later
metirish

Post by metirish » Sun May 21, 2023 7:00 pm

Ron got honored at Harford Yard Goats game today as "Hero of the day" for his military service

Congratulations Ron, and thank you for your service