Minute Maid, Houston Texas

stevejrogers

Minute Maid, Houston Texas

Post by stevejrogers » Tue May 31, 2022 4:06 pm

Going to be doing a week long Austin-Houston trip in mid July, and looking at least at the Friday the 16th game vs Oakland (still weird thinking that’s a divisional matchup).

Was in Houston last July, but the ‘Stros were on the road. Did get a cheapie tour (just the HOF corridor, a bullpen level party suite and the field), and my own “walk around the circumference of the stadium” tour.

Also checked out Craig Biggio’s restaurant in a hotel nearby and across from the convention center.

Part of me wished I had the time last year, and have the time this coming year to check out the old Dome and where that nightclub Scores where several Mets had that scuffle with cops back in the summer of ‘86.

But both are about a 20 minute drive from where I was supposed to be with the crew I was with, and will be, and both weren’t, and won’t, indulge me in honoring 1986 Met history and infamy! 🤷🏻‍♂️
Edgy MD

Re: Minute Maid, Houston Texas

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:48 am

Is Cooter's now a Scores?

I feel ike everything is going Scoresward.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
stevejrogers

Post by stevejrogers » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:32 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:48 am Is Cooter's now a Scores?

I feel ike everything is going Scoresward.
Nope, just said the wrong name.

I’ll see if I can quickly go through a rabbit hole to see what’s there now, etc…
stevejrogers

Post by stevejrogers » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:13 pm

Let’s see, closed, as Cooter’s, in 1991…

Address 5164 Richmond which is in an area near a strip mall retail complex called Galleria, and the near by Westin was where the Mets stayed back in that time…

Right now Google Maps is telling me the site was around Mediterranean restaurant called Dimassi’s which address is 5160, next higher storefront though appears to be the building off to its right, which is a Chipotle and a MOD Pizza, address 5174 Richmond.