Going to A game - Opening few days!

duan

Going to A game - Opening few days!

Post by duan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:20 pm

Hello

Right- so I'm bringing the kids and the mrs to New York for Easter - and one of the deals is that we get to go to a game, Obviously it's opening weekend so it'll be busy or we could go to the the Monday night game. However, I think the Saturday/Sunday afternoon games vs the Brewers would be best, but do we know when f'ing ESPN pick their Sunday night games - can't see us being the hot ticket but then maybe some Stearns narrative might pique their interest.
Anyway, since it's probably the only time the 14 & 11 year old will go I wouldn't mind the "ball park experience" being good - so what sorta seats to do we need to get for that ?
Fman99

Re: Going to A game - Opening few days!

Post by Fman99 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:48 pm

I have sat with my kids all over the ball park and the honest answer is, as long as you're on the infield you'll have a good view. I'd think in April you're better off spending a bit more with access to the 300 level which has some indoor, weather-proof seating, but we make one trip per year, and last summer sat in the top deck but right behind the plate and had a great time.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Between 1st and 3rd, then whatever's in your price range.

Even the Promenade is "close" to the field there.

Keep in mind Citi can be incredibly chilly around Easter. Damp and windy. So the ability to get into a club can be important. The Promenade club is difficult to watch a game from.
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:39 pm

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm Between 1st and 3rd, then whatever's in your price range.
I agree with this.
duan

Post by duan » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:15 pm

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:06 pm Between 1st and 3rd, then whatever's in your price range.

Even the Promenade is "close" to the field there.

Keep in mind Citi can be incredibly chilly around Easter. Damp and windy. So the ability to get into a club can be important. The Promenade club is difficult to watch a game from.
What’s need for the club - separate purchase or diff grade of seat; not remarkably price sensitive but y’know not crazy
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:31 pm

Different tickets come with different club access at no extra charge.

I'm not certain but think that most between-the-bases seats come with some club access. Lower levels have better clubs.

I usually sit in the Promenade behind home plate and so have club access. We only use it when its cold or raining and occasionally to get some food.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:52 am

My daughter just got tickets for the family to see Binghamton at Hartford on Sept 1.
Our family tradition.
Can't wait.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
bmfc1

Post by bmfc1 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm

If anyone is going to a ST game "hit me up".
The Hot Corner

Post by The Hot Corner » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:16 am

bmfc1 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm If anyone is going to a ST game "hit me up".
My wife and I will be in Port St. Lucie (well actually Jenson Beach) March 15-23. Plan to take in a few games at Clover Park.
When did the choices get so hard
With so much more at stake
Life gets mighty precious
When there's less of it to waste
duan

Post by duan » Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:49 am

quick thing.
Going to purchase tickets for the Sunday game shortly and the tickets on SeatGeek seem a decent bit cheaper then those on the mets.com - even with their horrendous fees and charges.
Any experiences with any of the re-sellers?
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:10 pm

duan wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:49 am quick thing.
Going to purchase tickets for the Sunday game shortly and the tickets on SeatGeek seem a decent bit cheaper then those on the mets.com - even with their horrendous fees and charges.
Any experiences with any of the re-sellers?
I used TickPick last summer and got three upper deck seats at Citi Field for $22.50, which included insurance. Granted that was a weekday matinee in summer, against a bad team, and bought a week before the game, but that's about the best pricing I've gotten on an MLB seat in many years.

In fact the $40 it cost me to park my vehicle was nearly twice the cost of our admission to the ballpark. <eye roll>
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:55 am

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell