The Trevor Bauer is a Douchebag Thread

kcmets

Re: The Trevor Bauer is a Douchebag Thread

Post by kcmets » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:30 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 am Nobody brought up an old post from what i can see. Old posts resurfaced when the news about the victim was added is all.
Brought up, dug up.... there's clearly one poster here who has purposeful
intent to make Edgy and I miserable. He has for nearly twenty years.

He's good at spinning everything six ways to Sunday every time something
happens and then he laughs all the way back to his sow trough.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am

The intent was to contribute the bit about the legal troubles for the victim to the relevant thread.

I don't want to get into the long and pointless battle you guys have been waging, other than hoping you can solve it.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:26 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am The intent was to contribute the bit about the legal troubles for the victim to the relevant thread.

I don't want to get into the long and pointless battle you guys have been waging, other than hoping you can solve it.
KC's take on this is ridiculous.

But might as well examine the year old posts now that he's forced us to look. According to him, we shouldn't discuss Bauer because he's never gonna be a Met. By that ridiculous logic, we shouldn't ever discuss Shohei Ohtani either. Or Carl Erskine.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am The intent was to contribute the bit about the legal troubles for the victim to the relevant thread.

What does he think I should've done? Start a brand new thread every time I post? Your intervention and defense was refreshing. And unusual. Usually, I'm surrounded by Kitty Genovese's neighbors. And I'm Kitty.

Meow.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am

I'm not taking sides here. I'm just trying to diffuse things. This "see, I told ya" stuff is just feeding it, as is the "this has been going on for years" thing
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:15 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:08 am I'm not taking sides here. I'm just trying to diffuse things. This "see, I told ya" stuff is just feeding it, as is the "this has been going on for years" thing
I know you weren't taking sides. You were being objective. Rationally objective. Fair-minded. That's all I ask.

Just like it defies all logical rationale to red-light skullfuck, while permitting shitfuck, fuckshit, cocksucker, motherfucker, fucker, fuck and a whole host of other words.
metirish

Post by metirish » Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:49 am

Bill James weighs in
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:56 am

What did he actually say, other than people would react to it?
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:08 am

What did Bill say?
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
metirish

Post by metirish » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:15 am

metirish

Post by metirish » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:16 am

metirish

Post by metirish » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:17 am

kcmets

Post by kcmets » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:19 am

Thanks, m i ...
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:43 am

Is Bauer actually banned? Or are teams just choosing not to sign him?
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:52 am

No, he's not banned.

James' argument, which I tend to reject (mostly, anyhow), is that his initial suspension damaged his reputation to the point where it made him unhire-able, therefore the league may be liable for the wages lost from his sidetracked career.

He appealed his suspension — after hundreds of days had passed — under the terms of the basic agreement, and the arbitrator, as they almost always do, split the difference and cut his suspension to 194 days, making him immediately available to be signed.

Courts have always been been loathe to get involved in suspensions, reasoning that the terms of the basic agreement stipulate that the appeal to an independent arbitrator is final.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:15 am

I also tend to think that 30 out of 30 teams would rather pay one thirtieth of a court award (or, more likely, an out-of-court settlement) than to be the one that pays the guy $25 million a year to pitch for them and takes the pr hit for the league.

I, lastly, tend to think that, if a team elected to step up and sign him — both to save the league from a lawsuit and in an attempt to improve their roster — that team would be the Mets.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:18 am

I've always been partial to Bauer in this matter. I think Bauer's conduct was vile and Bauer himself is a terribly flawed individual. Myself, I can't fathom striking a woman in the face even though she consented or asked to be punched in the face. Personally, I would have tremendous difficulty punching someone in the face even if I was legally justified to do so in self-defense.

But Bauer's conduct was totally legal and it was plainly obvious from the get-go that Bauer was being set up or scammed by a scorned woman who decided to try and exploit Bauer's considerably deep pockets. She didn't plan to scam him initially and so by the time she did decide to perpetuate her fraud, she was already stuck with bad facts and evidence that couldn't logically be explained away and would eventually undermine her scam. But Bauer's conduct, as reprehensible as it would appear to be, was totally legal and had occurred in a private relationship in the privacy of his own residence, behind closed doors.
SteveCohenStan

Post by SteveCohenStan » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:12 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:18 am I've always been partial to Bauer in this matter. I think Bauer's conduct was vile and Bauer himself is a terribly flawed individual. Myself, I can't fathom striking a woman in the face even though she consented or asked to be punched in the face. Personally, I would have tremendous difficulty punching someone in the face even if I was legally justified to do so in self-defense.

But Bauer's conduct was totally legal and it was plainly obvious from the get-go that Bauer was being set up or scammed by a scorned woman who decided to try and exploit Bauer's considerably deep pockets. She didn't plan to scam him initially and so by the time she did decide to perpetuate her fraud, she was already stuck with bad facts and evidence that couldn't logically be explained away and would eventually undermine her scam. But Bauer's conduct, as reprehensible as it would appear to be, was totally legal and had occurred in a private relationship in the privacy of his own residence, behind closed doors.
jesus.

believe women. at least read this thread.

[TWEET]https://x.com/lindseyhillll/status/1804191754469675024[/TWEET]

https://x.com/lindseyhillll/status/1804191754469675024

Bill James needs to shut up with his nonsense too.

But go ahead, let the douchebag try, like Lindsey details here, he'll get himself thrown in jail by making the additional evidence public doing that.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:20 pm

SteveCohenStan wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:12 pm
batmagadanleadoff wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:18 am I've always been partial to Bauer in this matter. I think Bauer's conduct was vile and Bauer himself is a terribly flawed individual. Myself, I can't fathom striking a woman in the face even though she consented or asked to be punched in the face. Personally, I would have tremendous difficulty punching someone in the face even if I was legally justified to do so in self-defense.

jesus.

believe women. at least read this thread.

[TWEET]https://x.com/lindseyhillll/status/1804191754469675024[/TWEET]

https://x.com/lindseyhillll/status/1804191754469675024

Bill James needs to shut up with his nonsense too.

But go ahead, let the douchebag try, like Lindsey details here, he'll get himself thrown in jail by making the additional evidence public doing that.
My comments were based on the incident and allegations involving Bauer's first accuser. I can't opine on other incidents or other accusers, especially where the facts are not publicly known and the records sealed. But I will keep an open mind, should those other records become public. Either way, I'm flexible on this issue.
Gwreck

Post by Gwreck » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:45 pm

MLB may now be in a position where, if they don't actively encourage someone to sign Trevor Bauer, they could be setting themselves up to lose a billion-dollar lawsuit.
This is so ridiculous I had to make sure it wasn’t some sort of parody account. It appears he has not a clue what he is talking about.
metirish

Post by metirish » Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:38 am

Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:59 am

He's unsigned not because of anything MLB did but because he's a reprehensible human being.