Beltre, Helton, Mauer (split from "Ten Mets on the ballot [Hall of Fame 2024]")

MFS62

Re: Beltre, Helton, Mauer (split from "Ten Mets on the ballot [Hall of Fame 2024]")

Post by MFS62 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:22 am

Chad ochoseis wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:23 pm Bartolo Colon clearly isn't a Hall of Famer, but I would have liked to see him get more votes.
This.
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
Edgy MD

Re: Beltre, Helton, Mauer (split from "Ten Mets on the ballot [Hall of Fame 2024]")

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:41 am

I'm not sure the clarity is as clear as all that. That was a heck of a career and tends to look better every year as UCLs explode across the horizon.

He doesn't get my vote, likely, and he was suspended for some sketchy therapeutic treatments. But 10-15-20 years down the road, when the veteran's ballot is filled with a bunch of Harveys and Willises and Linceca who were great for a bit and then fell into the sea, guys with longevity and aplomb might seem more remarkable.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:57 am

Edgy MD wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:41 am But 10-15-20 years down the road, when the veteran's ballot is filled with a bunch of Harveys and Willises and Linceca who were great for a bit and then fell into the sea, guys with longevity and aplomb might seem more remarkable.
Yes, in the same way Jim Kaat was finally recognized.
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell