What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Drew Smith

Edgy MD

What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Drew Smith

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 pm

It may seem like just yestermonth, but I debuted for the Mets back on June 23, 2018. I was mopping up the ninth inning of an 8-3 loss to the Dodgers. Devin Mesoraco was my catcher. I walked two but I got through the inning unscathed. I'm not saying there's a correlation, but the next day, Saudi Arabia let women drive for the first time.

Flash ahead to six years later, and I'm the longest serving member of the Mets pitching staff. The Dean, if you will. That doesn't mean I necessarily have earned a clearly defined role in the interim, but on the days when the Mets are resting all their higher-end relievers, I'm usually the best of what's left. King of the Dipshits, as Farmer Ted might say.

But I say I'm more. Fangraphs' stupid system projected me for a measly 0.1 WAR, and now they're saying I've already got that, while baseball-reference says I've pocketed 0.3. I'm rocking a 1.23 ERA through my first 7 1/3 innings, and I'm kind of moving up in the world. I've passed Michael Tonkin and Yohan Ramírez, that's for sure.

But we all know that what has happened to date can only say so much about what is yet to transpire. Who says the rest? Well, you can, if you have the courage. Watch me closely while you do it. I've beaten predictions before.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Re: What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Drew Smith

Post by MFS62 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:39 pm

65 quality appearances - 4-4 2.86
Not many blown saves and maybe 11 holds.
We won't cringe when he is announced as coming into the game.
Yeah, that's it. He's non cringeworthy. And when that's his place in the bullpen rotation, that's all we can ask.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell
Cowtipper

Re: What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Drew Smith

Post by Cowtipper » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:29 pm

55 G, 3.92 ERA, 2 SV, 9.4 K/9 IP ratio.