Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Jonathan Villar

Edgy MD

Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Jonathan Villar

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:53 pm

You know, one thing you didn't think about in 2020 was, "Do we have enough talent coming off the bench?"

That was because the 2020 Mets had 10 starters to fill eight positions. You could even say they had 11 starters to fill eight positions until Yoenis Céspedes quit. No matter who was in the lineup, somebody who belonged in that lineup was ready come off the bench in an angry mood on any given day

I'm Jonathan Villar, and quit, Céspedes did. That drew the team down to 10 starters. And the Mets traded two shortstops for one in the Francisco Lindor trade, and then they had nine starters. And they also traded Robinson Canó for the absence of Canó, which reduced them to eight starters. That's all a lineup needs, but suddenly folks were asking, "But who do they have coming off the bench?"

That's where I come in. Where Luis Guillorme seems to give you a little bit more glove than me, I can give you a little bit more bat than him. I mean, I blew chunks last year, but last year was last year. I have a more of a track record of batting success than he does. You can dismiss that or not, but either way, José Martinez isn't coming back anytime soon, so you're going to want a batter off your bench, and sometimes, that's going to have to be me. I also got wheels that Gullorme never dreamed of. Edgy says that Nimmo is the fastest Mets, and I may not be as young as Dimples but I've got 214 stolen bases in my career, and if 200 of those disappeared, I'd still have more than Brandon. So I intend to put that claim from the X-Treme thread to teh test.

But all of 2021 is going to be a test, and you, having studied, already know the answers, which I hope you'll fill in below.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Re: Twenty-One Prediction Fun: Jonathan Villar

Post by MFS62 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:54 pm

50 G. 175 AB .244 - 3- 17 14 SB

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"They fear love because it creates a world they can't control" - George Orwell