Maybe, I don't really wanna know how your garden grows 2023

Johnny Lunchbucket

Maybe, I don't really wanna know how your garden grows 2023

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:56 pm

Got started today. Relocated one garden box to be in more sun. Put in peas 🥕 and chard. Beans were the star of last summer and will make a return this year. Also coming this year, beefsteak tomatoes 🍅 , cukes, herbs.

For the hell of it planted a few corn seeds we really don't have room for but we'll see how that goes.
Fman99

Re: Maybe, I don't really wanna know how your garden grows 2023

Post by Fman99 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:06 pm

My wife's got a spot staked out in our backyard for cukes and zukes, nice long flat stretch that gets lots of sun. We shall see. So far I have a black thumb
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:49 pm

MY husband broke his ankle on February 10. Bless his heart he has such spring fever...and it has been a gorgeous spring. I work in a garden center, of course, so I come home all excited about the things going on there.

Plus we've been watching this show on Amazon Prime called "Gardener's World" that is very inspiring.

Anyway today we went and bought some seed starting soil for him and some seeds and he's like a kid excited just to plant these seeds.

I hope the hell they come up.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:52 pm

I cleared out my weed patch pretty well last Sunday. Tomorrow gonna turn
over the soil and maybe come up with some kind of plastic plan to minimize
having to deal with weeding so much.

I've never had much luck with seeds outside and really don't have a decent
place indoors to start seeds. As I'm sure I've said in year's past I get a bunch
of starter plants at Wally World or Home Deepockets and go from there.

It's too early to plant anything here for a good couple more weeks. We're up
for a warm week but a number of nights of frost still would be the norm.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:50 pm

The sugar snaps were a total success. The birds ate the leaves, and we ate a bunch of crispy fresh pods last nite.

Carrots & beans coming in. a couple of corn plants are getting tall. Radishes coming in. Only thing that didn't come up are lettuces. Puttibg in some cuke plants this weekend
metsmarathon

Post by metsmarathon » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:59 pm

i started late. finally got shit planted the first week of may i think. i needed to relocate and fully rebuild my garden from last year, moving it to the other side of the house, and not over the newly installed, larger septic leach field. tomatoes are starting to come up, as is a bunch of sugar snap peas, a volunteer squash of some sort, and both a zucchini and a watermelon cheater seedling that i bought from the farmers market. i also picked up three cheater tomato plants, but the deer or a rabbit got to them before i could build the fence around the new garden spot. dang. still need to make the fence higher, but it should suffice for a few more days.