Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 18
Edgy MD

Re: Simple Biden Poll

Post by Edgy MD » Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:48 pm

I would encourage any and all to watch and listen to Vice President Harris on the stump. You can compare her to President Biden as you make up your minds.

You may disagree, but I find that she's a sharper performer than four years ago, and again, as a dogged former prosecutor, she may be just the person to hammer the former president's legal misdeeds home.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
metirish

Post by metirish » Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:04 am

Harris is whip smart , although, I have to say I find her deliberate way of speaking a little annoying, almost condescending, she needs some work , but definitely would have my vote
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:09 am

What if…Biden were elected then stepped aside immediately. Seems a little underhanded but…
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:21 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:00 am
TransMonk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:32 am If he stays in and wins, the next 5 years will be much like the past two weeks...frustrating and humiliating.

It would be much worse because aging is a one-way street and a very slippery slope. It gets progressively worse and the pace can accelerate once the person is showing obvious signs of mental decline.

I feel certain that if Biden wins, he won't finish out his second term and that he himself already knows right now that he doesn't even want to finish out his second term. But his ego has him thinking that he's the best bet to beat Trump in November.

As to this poll, I'm guessing that the party leaders will wear him down into grudgingly dropping out. I'm sensing that that's what Obama and Pelosi want.
If I were voting in this poll today, I'd vote that Biden will be the Dem candidate. He seems to be digging in. Either way, its a tremendous setback for Dems and the country. Biden'll be under this stupid magnifying glass every single day no matter what. If he comes off as a mix of Shakespeare and Obama and Cary Grant today, the public still won't be assured that Biden won't shit in his pants tomorrow. This won't ever go away no matter what Biden does.

I said stupid given what the orange scumbag will do if he wins. I don't get why the psychopath's followers think they'll benefit from a Trump win. Hes got poor, sick and unhealthy people who need health insurance more than they need air to breathe rooting against Obamacare. Go figure.

But Obamacare, which is now so far down the list of worries, will be the first thing to go if the GOP takes over. Eezy peezy because this time, they're killing the filibuster.
nymr83

Post by nymr83 » Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:20 pm

The assassination attempt probably carries Biden through to the nomination* as who wants to be seen undermining him this week? And once he is nominated he can only remove himself - the party can't do anything about it. I would say 95%+ he is the nominee .

*Remember, the Democrats set their convention later than usual, so late that they actually would not have been able to get Biden on the ballot in Ohio, and so they'll actually "nominate" him in a week or two virtually.
metirish

Post by metirish » Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:33 pm

Biden tests positive for covid, per the WH
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:48 pm

I just saw him walking up the steps of Air Force One.
He looked very frail and could barely make it to the door.
Here's another opportunity for him to bow out gracefully.
Will he take it?
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:28 pm

metirish wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:33 pm Biden tests positive for covid, per the WH
Wha???
nymr83

Post by nymr83 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:42 pm

metirish wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 6:33 pm Biden tests positive for covid, per the WH
Surprised this didn't happen the week of the dem convention or conveniently ahead of the next debate.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Jul 17, 2024 8:11 pm

One day after stating that he would bow out if there was a medical reason.
metsmarathon

Post by metsmarathon » Thu Jul 18, 2024 9:31 am

conspiracy!!!!

but also, opportunity! dude, joe, take it. use my fucking speech. go take a nap!
TransMonk

Post by TransMonk » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:34 pm

Seems the dam is breaking as reports this morning are mentioning Obama's doubts. Hard for me to see him staying in much longer with whispers of Pelosi, Schumer, Jeffries and Obama concerns. His island of support seems to be shrinking again.

If Dems/Biden were smart, they would announce his withdraw an hour before Trump's speech tonight, steal his spotlight and put him on his back foot for the first time in weeks.

I do not believe they are smart enough for this.
i am a patient boy...i wait, i wait, i wait, i wait
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:39 pm

Swear in Kamala an hour before Trump's speech.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Centerfield

Post by Centerfield » Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:49 pm

I think Kamala would lose too.

Their best chance is someone new. It's not fair, but I think the only chance in November is someone who represents possible change.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:01 pm

Harris/Jefferies2024
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
TheNextMetsManager

Post by TheNextMetsManager » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:15 pm

TransMonk wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:34 pm Seems the dam is breaking as reports this morning are mentioning Obama's doubts. Hard for me to see him staying in much longer with whispers of Pelosi, Schumer, Jeffries and Obama concerns. His island of support seems to be shrinking again.

If Dems/Biden were smart, they would announce his withdraw an hour before Trump's speech tonight, steal his spotlight and put him on his back foot for the first time in weeks.

I do not believe they are smart enough for this.
they're morons. absolute imbeciles. The second worst people you can think of to vote for. And when they reluctantly win they'll take it as confirmation of their tepid platform.

The most impact of the announcement is probably 5 minutes after the RNC program starts. Just as TFGs coming up to speak. You want to make the soundbytes as worthless to the mainstream media as possible so they repeat less of them. The less we hear from them the better for everyone.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:36 pm

Multiple reports of 'when, not if' and 'close to the end' are out there NOW!!!
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:37 pm

Centerfield wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 12:49 pm I think Kamala would lose too.

Their best chance is someone new. It's not fair, but I think the only chance in November is someone who represents possible change.
That would be another very big setback you're asking them to overcome three and a half months out from the election, and a lot of female, African-American, and female African-American voters would take her snub personally. I don't know that Santa Claus is out there to help them get past that damage.

It's presumably Biden's delegates that get to make this decision, but I think Vice President Harris sworn in as, serving as, and immediately running as the first female president in United States history would be plenty of change, and could quickly seize the narrative. And plenty of brand-newness could still be found on the back end of the ticket.
nymr83

Post by nymr83 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Agree with Edgy - IF Kamala is the candidate, it would be in the Democrats best interest for Biden to resign immediately and let her run as the incumbent rather than him sticking around with the candidate herself in the background until election day.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:55 pm

I'm too lazy to look where I said this, but I said all of this like ten days ago.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:58 pm

kcmets wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:26 am
Will Biden be the nominee?
No, he will not.

This decision will come down Monday morning. My question is will he
resign the presidency (my choice) or will he just not run for re-election?
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:08 pm

This is from Axios. I'm not familiar enough with Axios to know how reliable a source it is, so I present it with that caveat.

Behind the Curtain: Top Dems now believe Biden will exit
Several top Democrats privately tell us the rising pressure of party congressional leaders and close friends will persuade President Biden to decide to drop out of the presidential race, as soon as this weekend.
The president is being told that if he stays in, former President Trump could win in a landslide and wipe away Biden's legacy and Democrats' hopes in November.
"His choice is to be one of history's heroes, or to be sure of the fact that there'll never be a Biden presidential library," one of the president's close friends told us. "I pray that he does the right thing. He's headed that way."
Harris would be hard to stop — perhaps impossible — if the Obamas and Clintons joined Biden, Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) and the Congressional Black Caucus in backing her. It's not clear the coronation would be so fast and clear, however.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:20 pm

I'm not sure I understand how losing would somehow end the chance of a Biden Presidential Library. People would be so outraged that nobody anywhere would ever donate?

One other thing about Vice President Harris taking over on the top of the ticket is that I imagine donation funds can more easily and legally be transferred from the Biden/Harris Campaign to the Harris/Heinrich campaign than it could to the Newsome/Pawlenty Campaign or whatever.
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:28 pm

kcmets wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:36 pm Multiple reports of 'when, not if' and 'close to the end' are out there NOW!!!
Yeah it's surprising to me just how many folks have turned gradually between the debate and now. I initially thought he'd weather it but I don't think that any more.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:30 pm

There won't be a Biden Presidential library because thanks to SCOTUS's recent Trump immunity decision, Trump will have it blown up to smithereens like Hitler did to that railcar in Versailles.