Vroom

Methead

Re: Vroom

Post by Methead » Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:24 am

Saudi Arabia this week. One of the more insane tracks on the calendar... basically a street circuit at ludicrous speeds. I always feel like someone is gonna get killed at this track someday. I guess this year they've taken some steps to make it a bit safer, moving some walls and eliminating a few blind corners.

Leclerc is taking a grid penalty due to all of the engine parts they had to replace last week, but he should be able to work his way back to toward the podium quickly enough.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:51 pm

Alonso third in Saudi Arabia, with Hamilton fifth, LeClerc seventh, Gasly ninth, and Tsunoda eleventh, oddly giving my squad every other slot in there.

How am I still in second?
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Methead

Post by Methead » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:08 am

Edgy MD wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:51 pm Alonso third in Saudi Arabia, with Hamilton fifth, LeClerc seventh, Gasly ninth, and Tsunoda eleventh, oddly giving my squad every other slot in there.

How am I still in second?
It looks like you had a well-balanced scoring attack last week, but you didn't have Verstappen, who scored a ton of points by himself, between qualifying, overtakes, fastest lap, and on and on. Stroll's DNF also cost you some constructor points.

I still think Ferrari is going to get their act together but my confidence is waning. Aston Martin seems like the smarter constructor play, especially given the price. I thought Alonso was going to run away with things once he got the lead right away, but the Red Bull is just so much better than everyone else that it doesn't matter.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:18 am

Yeah, I'm investing in finishes and not in the magical peripheral points.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:19 am

Is there anyway to change the team week to week?
Methead

Post by Methead » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:24 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:19 am Is there anyway to change the team week to week?
Definitely! Click on "manage team" and make as many changes you want for every race. The first 2 changes per race are free. After that, it starts costing you 4 points for every change you make. Kind of a small price to pay, honestly.

It also looks like if you don't make any changes in one week, one of those free changes rolls over into the next week.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:44 pm

My twin virtues of faith in my boys and laziness in my bones suggests I'm probably going to go without changes for a while.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:17 pm

Hey, I came within one point of Methead in Australia! The only thing keeping me from winning the day was Charles LeClerc retiring after a single lap, after making contact with another driver.

LeClerc's poor start to the season after a thunderous beginning last year seems to be aggravated by his home address in Manaco being leaked and all manner of people seeking to disrupt his private life.

Hey, man, if you can afford to hang out in Manaco, act like you've been there before and don't go harassing my drivers like common groupies. My guys need their rest.
Methead

Post by Methead » Mon May 01, 2023 10:39 am

The Baku circuit has grown on me over the years and usually delivers some excitement... but yesterday was a bit of a snoozefest. Seems like we've gone backwards in terms of cars being able to follow closely and actually race each other without relying on DRS.