Donald Trump is a political outrage (split from Hot Water)

batmagadanleadoff

Re: Donald Trump is a political outrage (split from Hot Water)

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:16 pm

From the Department of Don't you fucking tell me that I can't compare the orange madman to Hitler jusr because the madman hasn't committed mass genocide yet:

Don’t scoff at the Hitler comparisons. Trump’s rhetoric is that bad.

Words have power. If not wielded responsibly, they can lead to political violence.

Excerpt:
There’s a semisatirical theorem, known as Godwin’s Law, which posits that if any online discourse goes on long enough, it inevitably leads to a Hitler or Nazi comparison. No professional pundit wants to be guilty of tripping this law.

After all, equating a political figure with fascists sounds absurd. It’s just so over the top. It also might not win over any additional allies; people roll their eyes and tune out when they hear commentators or historians warn, yet again, about another big bad Great Dictator.

Problem is, Donald Trump seems intent on making the Hitler comparison happen.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... omparison/
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:25 pm

Also, it's not Mark Robinson's latter-day life has distinguished him from the guy who made those comments.

The guy is off.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Tue Sep 24, 2024 4:35 pm

There's an old saying "A person is known by the company he keeps" and Donny has been keeping company with Nazi-types for years. I certainly don't shy away from making that comparison.
Never have.
Never will.

He said the other day that he would deport immigrants "by their numbers". I remember seeing the numbers tattooed on the arms of some old neighbors when I was a kid.
I'm getting scared.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:53 pm

He's not the only sleezebag in his family:
Jared's private equity firm is an influence peddling scam:
A private equity firm owned by Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law, has been paid $157m in fees since 2021 without returning any profit to investors, according to a US Senate inquiry.

The finding from the Senate finance committee has fuelled suspicions that the Miami-based company, Affinity Partners, may be a foreign influence-buying operation established in anticipation of the former president returning to the White House.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jare ... 22884.html

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:15 pm

Well, that's the rub. There are hundreds of influence peddlers he's surrounded himself with. The promise to drain the swamp was really about taking over with a far more ridiculous swamp monster. There's a screaming amount of evidence in plain sight that his people are openly selling access to the president for a set price.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:06 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 5:53 pm He's not the only sleezebag in his family:
Jared's private equity firm is an influence peddling scam:
A private equity firm owned by Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law, has been paid $157m in fees since 2021 without returning any profit to investors, according to a US Senate inquiry.

The finding from the Senate finance committee has fuelled suspicions that the Miami-based company, Affinity Partners, may be a foreign influence-buying operation established in anticipation of the former president returning to the White House.
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/jare ... 22884.html

Later
I always suspected that those Saudi investments with Kushner weren't really Investments-- but a slush fund. In the end, Kushner would use all kinds of accounting tricks not available to regular people to get his hands on all of that Saudi money for his personal use -- and tax free, too.