New Answer/Ask thread

Bob Alpacadaca

Re: New Answer/Ask thread

Post by Bob Alpacadaca » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:11 am

I remember going to see "The Towering Inferno" in a theater when I was a kid.

Do you buy vinyl records anymore? If so, are they for playing, or showing and collecting?
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:18 am

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:00 am I exited my post to find the link to the other thread. By the time I got back to it you had already responded. It took less than one minute.
You still asked the question about car trips and then answered it yourself.
And that is not how this thread is supposed to work.
You should let someone else answer your question. You already know the answer to your own question, don't you? The idea is to see how others answer it.
Read the other posts and maybe you'll understand.
If you want to answer your own question, put it in that other thread.
Later
What are you even talking about? How could I answer my own question when I wanted to know if any of youse were planning or thinking about a car trip? And if your answer was that you weren't planning a car trip, you shouldn't have even answered in the first place, which you only did by back-editing your post after the fact. You were simply looking to bust my balls. And you kinda did the same thing with my bookshelf question from a few days or weeks ago. If you don't save your books on bookshelves, that's fine -- but you shouldn't have answered that question either.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:20 am

Bob Alpacadaca wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:11 am I remember going to see "The Towering Inferno" in a theater when I was a kid.

Do you buy vinyl records anymore? If so, are they for playing, or showing and collecting?
Hey! MFS62! Watch this.

I don't buy vinyl records anymore.

Are you planning a car-trip vacation where the destination is no more than a seven, eight hours drive away? Where to? Details, please. I'm thinking of Portland, Maine for good eats with a stop on the way back in Boston to maybe catch a game at Fenway.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:48 am

Toronto is about 8.5 hours, if that counts. We drove there last weekend and will again this weekend. Plenty to do & see in a weekend, very walkable city.

What don;t we know about you?
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:52 am

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:00 am I exited my post to find the link to the other thread. By the time I got back to it you had already responded. It took less than one minute.
Just stop with the BS. That excuse of yours that I just quoted makes no sense at all.

None.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:58 am

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:52 am
Just stop with the BS. That excuse of yours that I just quoted makes no sense at all.

None.
We used to have time stamps on edits. If we still had it, you would have seen that my statement was true.

To answer JL's question - I like to play Bridge, and have earned Master's Points in Tournaments.

What sport(s) are you best in?
Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
Marshmallowmilkshake

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Wed Aug 28, 2024 12:13 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:58 am

Later
I used to play a lot of softball and coached my work team, then church team. But I haven't played in about five years -- and really miss it! I need to learn how to play golf.

Spotify or Pandora - or neither?
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:21 pm

I use Deezer, the French version of Spotify.

Deezer got a nifty redesign recently. This is fun if you're into design: https://koto.studio/work/deezer/

How often would you say you wear a hat? What kinda hat?
metirish

Post by metirish » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:30 pm

I wear a baseball hat every time I go birding, just a standard hat , nothing special

What is your favorite fast food place to eat from? Could be a good truck too etc
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:56 pm

metirish wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:30 pm I wear a baseball hat every time I go birding, just a standard hat , nothing special

What is your favorite fast food place to eat from? Could be a good truck too etc
My favorite is Duchess - a Connecticut-based chain (14 locations).
They have everything from breakfast (when I go) to dinner, all cooked to order. You may have to wait a few minutes.

Who in your family decides where to go when you eat out for dinner?

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:25 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:58 am
batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:52 am

None.
We used to have time stamps on edits. If we still had it, you would have seen that my statement was true.

To answer JL's question - I like to play Bridge, and have earned Master's Points in Tournaments.

Later
We still have time stamps on edits. I saw your edit time stamp immediately. I posted at 8:47AM, noting that you didn't even bother to answer my question though that didn't stop you from pressing an absurd nitpick. At 8:49AM, you edited your post to make it appear as if you had answered my question before my 8:47AM post.

And your excuse still makes no sense.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Question:
"Are you planning a car-trip vacation where the destination is no more than a seven, eight hours drive away?"

Answer:
"I'm thinking of Portland, Maine for good eats with a stop on the way back in Boston to maybe catch a game at Fenway."

Despite all the extraneous flak you're throwing up, you still answered your own question. Don't obfuscate.

Later
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:09 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:06 pm Question:
"Are you planning a car-trip vacation where the destination is no more than a seven, eight hours drive away?"

Answer:
"I'm thinking of Portland, Maine for good eats with a stop on the way back in Boston to maybe catch a game at Fenway."

Despite all the extraneous flak you're throwing up, you still answered your own question. Don't obfuscate.

Later
So what? I still wanted to hear from one of youse.

Would you ignore the question if it was "What's your favorite vegetable? Mine's eggplant. What's yours?" Don't make me go in circles. You're the one obfuscating. This was already covered.

I guess that after I shredded your time/date stamp BS, you had to come up with another stupid point. A repeat stupid point, no less.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:13 pm

OK. You're certainly allowed to answer your own question. All I did was point out the proper thread to put it in.

Later
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Aug 28, 2024 5:27 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 3:13 pm OK. You're certainly allowed to answer your own question. All I did was point out the proper thread to put it in.

Later
I guess you have to have the last word.

Whatever. Be my guest.
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:20 pm

MFS62 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:56 pm
metirish wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:30 pm I wear a baseball hat every time I go birding, just a standard hat , nothing special

My favorite is Duchess - a Connecticut-based chain (14 locations).
They have everything from breakfast (when I go) to dinner, all cooked to order. You may have to wait a few minutes.

Who in your family decides where to go when you eat out for dinner?

Later
I believe this is the current question.

Usually my husband and he says I never help decide. Not that we have many choices around here.

Are you pain-free?
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:03 am

Recurring Achilles tendinitis

If you could do college again, what would your major be?
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:04 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:03 am
If you could do college again, what would your major be?
Economics - I really liked the Economics courses I took.

Have you ever had to use medical assistance in another country?
Later
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:08 am

Well, sort of. I bought antibiotics over the counter from a pharmacy in Paris when my son (three at the time) had symptoms of an ear infection. And an asthma inhaler (also over the counter) in Lima, Peru when we forgot to pack one from home for my daughter. Both of these would have required a doctor visit and a prescription in the United States. But no, I never had to visit a doctor or nurse in any foreign country.

If you could change the outcome of one and only one game in Mets history, which one would it be?
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:52 am

Game 1 of the 2000 World Series. didn't even have to think about it

Favorite brand name soft drink?
metirish

Post by metirish » Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:10 am

Johnny Lunchbucket wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:52 am Game 1 of the 2000 World Series. didn't even have to think about it

Favorite brand name soft drink?

Good one

Pepsi cola

Favorite TV series ever that lasted more than two seasons ?
cal sharpie

Post by cal sharpie » Thu Sep 12, 2024 11:42 am

The Wire.

What is your least favorite place that you have taken a vacation to?
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:00 pm

Belmar, New Jersey.
We stayed an a B&B and the door had a three inch gap under it. I felt I had no privacy - everyone walking past could hear everything we were saying and doing.

Have you ever been hacked?

Later