Ipad

whippoorwill

Ipad

Post by whippoorwill » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:22 pm

After going through a number of hands, my sister’s (she died four years ago in July, if you might remember of brain cancer ) iPad has landed on me

I don’t really want it..her husband, who adores my son, gave it to him. Tony tried to no avail

Nobody has figured out how to open it.
What a waste, and also…. I don’t really want to know what could be there.
But any ideas on how to crack it? A little paper in there (in my sister’s lovely penmanship) has her login and password but nothing has worked in these past four years.

I don’t really want it but I hate to just trash it. I don’t need to know her stuff
Chad ochoseis

Re: Ipad

Post by Chad ochoseis » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:51 pm

I had almost an identical issue with my mom's iPad when she passed away two years ago . If I remember correctly, get an Apple ID here:. https://support.apple.com/apple-id. From there, you can log into an Apple account, and you may be able to reset the iPad screen password, though I don't remember exactly how I did that.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:08 pm

Are there still Apple stores, or am I being a dinosaur? I imagine if
so they can help out if you decide you want help.
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Chad ochoseis

Post by Chad ochoseis » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:09 pm

I think there are, but probably none within a 2 hour drive of coobyland.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:51 pm

Ha you’re right about that!

I’m giving it to her daughter next. She lives in Philadelphia so that would be an option for her.