Spotify Wrapped 2022

Marshmallowmilkshake

Spotify Wrapped 2022

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:15 pm

Don't know if you guys use Spotify, but it does something neat at the end of the year. "Wrapped" breaks down what you listened to during the first 11 months of the year. I was a little surprised by some of these, and I attribute it to the "Daily Drive" feature I used to listen to in the way into work. It's a mixture of music and news based on your tastes, but I got a little bored when it seemed to use the same songs every day, but in a different order. Prepping for -- and enjoying -- the Jack White and Mat Kearney concerts seemed to influence the lists, too.

Songs

1) "Taking Me Back," Jack White
2) "beloved," Switchfoot
3) "Anywhere With You," Mat Kearney
4) "Sixteen Saltines," Jack White
5) "Fear of the Dawn," Jack White
6) "I, Oh I," Paul Stanley's Soul Station
7) "They Don't Know," Mat Kearney
8) "New York Groove," Ace Frehley
9) "Lazaretto," Jack White
10) "Steady, As She Goes," The Raconteurs
11) "Chinatown," The Bleachers featuring Bruce Springsteen
12) "Stranger in Town (Live)," Toto
13) "The White Raven," Jack White
14) "Sparrow," Branches
15) "Fire & Rain," Mat Kearney
16) "You Don't Understand Me," The Raconteurs
17) "Love is Selfish," Jack White
18) "The Lining is Silver," Relient K
19) "Powerless," Mat Kearney
20) "i need you (to be wrong)," Switchfoot

Seems l listened to 1,807 songs this year. The Toto, Ace Frehley and Paul Stanley songs were in the "Daily Drive" rotation.

Artists

1) Kiss
2) Mat Kearney
3) Jack White
4) Switchfoot
5) Rush

Surprised about this, but Kiss put out a bunch of "Off the Soundboard" live albums and two big boxed sets, which must have pumped up the numbers. Apparently I listened to 455 artists last year.

Podcasts

1) Three Sides of the Coin
2) Baseball Tonight with Buster Olney
3) Talkin Mets with Mike Silva
4) Talkin' Baseball, Jomboy Media
5) WSJ What's News, Wall Street Journal
vtmet7

Re: Spotify Wrapped 2022

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:28 am

what? Joe Rogan wasn't your top podcast?

Just kidding...there was a period where every time that I got on my spotify app on my tv that it suggested Joe Rogan's podcast
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:29 am

by the way, where do you find your spotify data? I went on my app on both my roku and my fire tv, and don't find any mention of it
Marshmallowmilkshake

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:27 pm

LOL!

It was right on the app, just below the top six tiles. One cool thing: They had video messages for fans from some of the artists. So I had messages from Kearney, Matthew West and Switchfoot.
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm

I also tried looking at it on my spotify account on my desktop browser with no luck...

Finally I found it on the spotify app on my phone...

A bit of a surprise, since I would have said either Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Triumph, Blue Oyster Cult or Rik Emmett would be my top group but apparently my spotify listening habits are different than my CD/Flashdrive listening habits...

My top 5 artists were:
Saxon ( I was in their top 5% of their Spotify listeners);
Andy Allo;
Sabaton;
Judas Priest;
John Murphy;

with my top 5 songs being comprised of:
2 Andy Allo songs;
3 songs from the Peacemaker soundtrack (hence John Murphy, who does a heavy metal'ish version of "Pumped up kicks"
Last edited by vtmet7 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:45 pm

by the way, I only listened to 667 songs...I guess that number is kind of appropriate for an old heavy metal head...I'm guessing that if I listened to 1 less song, that somehow Iron Maiden would have been my top artist...
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:46 pm

too bad youtube doesn't do the same thing, I generally only use spotify or youtube while watching tv; so I would imagine that my youtube list is a lot more songs and variety...
Marshmallowmilkshake

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:54 pm

vtmet7 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm I also tried looking at it on my spotify account on my desktop browser with no luck...

A bit of a surprise, since I would have said either Judas Priest, Alice Cooper, Triumph, Blue Oyster Cult or Rik Emmett would be my top group but apparently my spotify listening habits are different than my CD/Flashdrive listening habits...

My top 5 artists were:
Andy Allo;
Sabaton;
Judas Priest;
John Murphy;

2 Andy Allo songs;
3 songs from the Peacemaker soundtrack (hence John Murphy, who does a heavy metal'ish version of "Pumped up kicks"
That's a cool list! I love Triumph!
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:59 pm

Marshmallowmilkshake wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:54 pm
vtmet7 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:41 pm I also tried looking at it on my spotify account on my desktop browser with no luck...

My top 5 artists were:
Andy Allo;
Sabaton;
Judas Priest;
John Murphy;

2 Andy Allo songs;
That's a cool list! I love Triumph!
thanks...I saw Triumph 6 times in concert, and then I took my wife and daughter to see Rik Emmett (former guitarist/vocalist of Triumph) perform an acoustic show with Dave Dunlop in Plymouth, Massachusetts a couple years back at an old church...