Have most Mets forums ceased and desisted?

vtmet7

Have most Mets forums ceased and desisted?

Post by vtmet7 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:00 pm

This week's Mets signings have made me want to read all about fan opinions....and I try looking for some of the Mets forums that I remember, and can't find most of them...Did they all disappear, other than here and a couple others?
nymr83

Re: Have most Mets forums ceased and desisted?

Post by nymr83 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:00 pm

I assume they died out and nobody started a new one as internet message boards are less of a thing now.

Discord maybe?
- - -
“It feels bad when I strike out and I get booed” -Big Baby Baez
vtmet7

Post by vtmet7 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:58 pm

nymr83 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:00 pm I assume they died out and nobody started a new one as internet message boards are less of a thing now.

Discord maybe?
yeah, I'm also guessing that things like Facebook groups; twitter and Reddit hog up some of the newer audiences that 20 years ago would chat on a forum...

I didn't realize that NY Future stars and the MOFO disappeared...and my password for Refugees says that it's wrong (with no reset your password option)
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:15 pm

I joined a Discord Mets site because Elon Musk is such a twat - but Discord is kind of crappy for general themed Mets discussion. The CPF is king
Ceetar

Post by Ceetar » Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:31 pm

Twitter, for better or for worse, is still where the most people come together that will randomly talk about breaking news and such.

I'm in a few discord groups, which are good for more focused discussions, but don't really allow for many concurrent discussions. For that you're still best off on Facebook. The benefit of all these sites/social media is volume. It's where everyone is, so someone can have a daily 5 minute interaction with baseball, or not, without having to specifically dedicate time to going to a "Mets place" to talk about it. There's nothing that replicates that. Even if a lot of people migrate to Mastodon or whatever, most won't.
Please listen to my podcast? You Did What Now?

Please listen to our podcast? Mets On Tap

www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan

Barley Prose
Frayed Knot

Post by Frayed Knot » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:25 am

vtmet7 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:00 pm ....and I try looking for some of the Mets forums that I remember, and can't find most of them...Did they all disappear, other than here and a couple others?
The CPF drove all the others out of business.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Posting Covid-19 free since March of 2020