Induction ovens

Chad ochoseis

Induction ovens

Post by Chad ochoseis » Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:42 am

Was going to put this in the home repair thread, but decided it warranted a special thread of its very own.

Once I get my major home repair taken care of, next planned step is to rewire the house so I have a 40 amp outlet in the kitchen (outlet is currently - no pun intended - rated at 20 amps) and trade in my so-so gas oven for one of those bad boys.

My girlfriend has slight asthma - the result of growing up in Youngstown when Youngstown still had working steel mills - and would prefer that the next oven not be gas. So it's between induction and ordinary electric.

Anyone have an induction oven? Are they worth it? I understand they're better for the environment. People seem to think they're super cool. I do have an induction hot plate, and it's rather nice as long as I have a pot that fits the burner perfectly. Too small doesn't work and too large doesn't heat very well.

Thoughts? Is it worth the extra cost of both the oven and the rewiring to go with induction?
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool.
TransMonk

Re: Induction ovens

Post by TransMonk » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:32 pm

I have a buddy who enjoys to cook and he swears by his, though I have never seen one in action.
i am a patient boy...i wait, i wait, i wait, i wait