Dear future

whippoorwill

Dear future

Post by whippoorwill » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:19 pm

I hope we’re not dependent on these 14 to 20 year olds that walk up on other people’s heels because they’re too busy with their phones.
I’d like to trip every fucking one of them. Especially the selfy stick full immersion video of my day ones.

I hope we don’t have to depend on the young teens that hold their breakfast spoons in the same position for a full 15 minutes and their phones in their other hand.

I hope that parents of these kids eventually say something to them to maybe not engage with themselves but to at least maybe realize that they might be the last generation of our planet

Oh. Just got home from a two day trip.

Trip was great. Humanity sucked.
cal sharpie

Re: Dear future

Post by cal sharpie » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:29 pm

On a trip myself, back tomorrow. Was in a hotel elevator with an, I’m guessing, 13 year old. She reached in front of us to press an elevator key which didn’t light because she hadn’t pressed it hard enough. Instead of re-pressing she just stood there til my daughter asked for if she wanted the floor she tried to press the button for. She nodded, she got off. My daughter feels this generation is so locked in to screens that they don’t know how to navigate variations of the norm in real life. I think she might be right.
Johnny Lunchbucket

Post by Johnny Lunchbucket » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:34 pm

There are plenty of adults who walk looking at their phones and I want to kill
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:35 pm

It’s not even sad. It’s disgusting

This trip was to SE Pennsylvania and Longwood Gardens where we have been at least a dozen times.

My husband broke his ankle in February and we were just happy he could get around with just a cane so far but the little bitch on his ankles the whole way out at closing time could not have been more self centered because she was totally immersed in her phone.

Luckily her (unfortunate) date was more polite to us.

She never even noticed.

It’s mostly girls.
I pity the current crop of men