President Carter

nymr83

Re: President Carter

Post by nymr83 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:15 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:06 pm President Carter is currently one of only two living persons with a US Navy vessel named for them — the vessel in question being (naturally) the USS Jimmy Carter (SSN-23), the third and final Seawolf-class nuclear-powered fast-attack submarine in the US fleet.

The honor is shared by former Representative Gabrielle Giffords, for whom the Navy has christened an Independence-class littoral combat ship.
you shouldn't have given the answer do easily, this message board loves trivia!
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:40 pm

Former Texas Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes has copped to The New York Times as being part of the long-reported-but-until-now-never-acknowledged-by-an-insider-or-officially uncovered October Surprise strategy, the efforts by members of the 1980 Reagan campaign to undermine (sabotage might be a better word) the Carter administration's attempts to free the 52 American hostages held by Iran, so as to keep Carter's campaign from getting an electoral boost by gaining the hostages' freedom shortly before the election.

Barnes has admitted to joining his boss, Texas Governor John Connally — himself a (1) failed 1980 Republican candidate, (2) former Democrat, and (3) wounded survivor of the Kennedy assassination — in a secret back channel negotiation with Iran to assure them they'd get better terms if they waited out the election.

In addition to Connally, Barnes has directly implicated future-CIA director William Casey, who would later be disgraced in the Iran-Contra-Gate scandals.

A conspirator coming forward, supposedly to clear his conscience following Carter's entry into hospice care, also indirectly implicates Presidents Reagan and H.W. Bush, and it's kind of incumbent on him that he come out with the whole story, naming names, considering how grossly un-American the scenario he is describing is.

But the affair was investigated twice (I think) by Democrat-controlled Congresses, who came up empty, so I don't imagine too much energy following up on this report, as unsettling as it is.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:08 am

Seven months in hospice care, he gets to celebrate his 99th birthday. The guy is determined to outdo us all.

Maybe when he climbed into that reactor, he was exposed to the good kind of radiation.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:18 am

Edgy MD wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:08 am Seven months in hospice care, he gets to celebrate his 99th birthday. The guy is determined to outdo us all.

Maybe when he climbed into that reactor, he was exposed to the good kind of radiation.
My wife's uncle was one of seven engineers who worked with Admiral Hyman Rickover on the development of the Polaris missile submarine. All seven died from radiation poisoning at early ages.
Carter must never have been exposed to radiation, or maybe just a low dosage.

Later
Last edited by MFS62 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:19 am

Edgy MD wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:40 pm Former Texas Lieutenant Governor Ben Barnes has copped to The New York Times as being part of the long-reported-but-until-now-never-acknowledged-by-an-insider-or-officially uncovered October Surprise strategy, the efforts by members of the 1980 Reagan campaign to undermine (sabotage might be a better word) the Carter administration's attempts to free the 52 American hostages held by Iran, so as to keep Carter's campaign from getting an electoral boost by gaining the hostages freedom shortly before the election.

Barnes has admitted to joining his boss, Texas Governor John Connally — himself a (1) failed 1980 Republican candidate, (2) former Democrat, and (3) wounded survivor of the Kennedy assassination — in a secret back channel negotiation with Iran to assure them they'd get better terms if they waited out the election.

In addition to Connally, Barnes has directly implicated future-CIA director William Casey, who would later be disgraced as in the Iran-Contra-Gate scandals.

A conspirator coming forward, supposedly to clear his conscience following Carter's entry into hospice care, also indirectly implicates Presidents Reagan and H.W. Bush, and it's kind of incumbent on him that he come out with the whole story, naming names, considering how grossly un-American the scenario he is describing is.

But the affair was investigated twice (I think) by Democrat-controlled Congresses, who came up empty, so I don't imagine too much energy following up on this report, as unsettling as it is.
No this can't be right, it'd mean that the Republicans have been dirtbags since 1980. So come on now
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:41 pm

MFS62 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:18 am Carter must never have been exposed to radiation, or maybe just a low dosage.
He certainly was exposed. The Chalk River Meltdown Incident and its aftereffects are well documented.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:10 am

One year in hospice care for President Carter. He persists, despite his cancer having been diagnosed to have spread to his brain back in 2015.

Maybe climbing into a melting-down reactor is good for you.
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:14 am

I'm not so sure that being alive in his current circumstances is such a good thing. To me, his situation is more frightening than inspiring.