2024 Presidential Election - Take II

batmagadanleadoff

Re: 2024 Presidential Election - Take II

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:01 am

Right after the latest assassination attempt on the deranged lunatic that's running for President, Elon Musk posts, then deletes how odd it is that nobody had tried to kill President Biden or Vice President Kamala Harris.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/09/16/us/p ... amala.html
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:16 am

Well, I was asking MFS62, but ... "law enforcement" is staging threats against the former president?
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 2:16 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:16 am Well, I was asking MFS62, but ... "law enforcement" is staging threats against the former president?
My bad. You don't use a pronoun before using the noun first. English 101.
(It used to give me great pleasure when I used to call my late mother-in-law out for doing that.)

No, The they are law enforcement who got the alleged assassins, one dead one alive.
I should have said anyways instead of away. typo.
Or are you talking about the second they, which refers to anyone else trying to assassinate him?

Thanks , Mr. Editor.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
I have never insulted anyone. I simply describe them, accurately.
"I love this shit" - Jesse Winker
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:21 pm

I'm not really an editor anymore, just a confused and depressed guy posting on a baseball forum, hoping my country doesn't elect a fascist demagogue (again).

I'm just not clear about what is being suggested about whom. Who is planning a third attempt? Is somebody suggesting these attempts are being staged?
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:41 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:21 pm I'm not really an editor anymore, just a confused and depressed guy posting on a baseball forum, hoping my country doesn't elect a fascist demagogue (again).

I'm just not clear about what is being suggested about whom. Who is planning a third attempt? Is somebody suggesting these attempts are being staged?
Edgy MD wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:28 am Who are "they"?

There are three "theys".

MFS62 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:31 am The first two attempts seem too easy.
They got the people right away. (one dead, one living)
I think they were test cases to see how close they can get.
The third one will be, as we said in the Army, "for effect".
Just saying.
The first "they" refers to law enforcement, the authority, the man.

The second "they" refers to the two assasination attempts on the madman running for President. Both attempts, collectively.

The third "they" refers to the two would-be assasins.

That's a lot of theying. I hate that word. And she and he. I'm always interrupting people in mid-conversation when I'm trying to follow their story to ask them: "Who is he?" Who is she?" "Who are they?" because so very often, I don't have a clue as to who the hell the speaker is talking about. It's not clear even though the speaker thinks it's perfectly clear.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:43 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:21 pm I'm not really an editor anymore, just a confused and depressed guy posting on a baseball forum, hoping my country doesn't elect a fascist demagogue (again).

Batmags has answered for me, better than I could.
Thank you.

Later
"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness". William Lonsdale Watkinson
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:50 pm

So, are you alleging that would-be assassins are working in coordination as part of a group with an agenda? Are you insinuating that these attempts are being staged?

Because, despite batmagadan's strong efforts to clarify the pronouns (thank you), I'm still unsure what you are suggesting. Who is running "test cases," to what end?
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:01 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 4:50 pm So, are you alleging that would-be assassins are working in coordination as part of a group with an agenda? Are you insinuating that these attempts are being staged?

Because, despite batmagadan's strong efforts to clarify the pronouns (thank you), I'm still unsure what you are suggesting. Who is running "test cases," to what end?
The end would be assassination, and I don't have the foggiest idea of who that might be (singular or plural). But he has alienated many people in his life.
Later
metsmarathon

Post by metsmarathon » Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:35 am

presidential assassinations are the new school shootings.

i don't for a second believe them to be connected in the least, except in so far as our fucked up culture has allowed this to be a thing.

too many guns. too much mental illness going untreated. too much radicalization and factionalization. too much external influence from social media driving us further and further apart. too much othering.

but... are "they" learning? you bet your ass "they" are. "they" may yet succeed, too. i hope to hell not.

"they" is our enemies, collectively; the enemies of democracy, of democratic ideals, and our country. within and without.

i fear that one side is feeding this more than the other. i guess that side hopes that the next time, the assassin will come for their opponent. i mean, they've said as much.
but it's difficult, it seems, to hold them to account. we pussyfoot around this shit, in the semblance of fairness that only serves to minimize the rational and embolden the delusional and the disingenuous alike.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:31 am

Hey, Donald. You know future assassins might be able to track you when you use a cell phone, right? Here, use this pager.

Later
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:11 pm

We're making jokes about people being murdered by pagers now?
metsmarathon

Post by metsmarathon » Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:24 pm

not people. only certain former presidents. which apparently makes it ok.

i'm not ok with it. like seriously. the worst thing for our country would be for some fucknut to actually pull off offing trump. we don't need that guy being anyone's martyr, and we certainly don't need fucking maga to have a fucking martyr.

the only good thing for our country is for him to be defeated at the ballots, and then for him to finally be sentenced for his many felonies. bypassing that last step with teh convenience of death, even if by natural causes, but especially through fucking assassination, cheats justice and hurts america. motherfucker needs to be wearing orange.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:32 pm

metsmarathon wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:24 pm not people. only certain former presidents. which apparently makes it ok.

i'm not ok with it. like seriously. the worst thing for our country would be for some fucknut to actually pull off offing trump. we don't need that guy being anyone's martyr, and we certainly don't need fucking maga to have a fucking martyr.

the only good thing for our country is for him to be defeated at the ballots, and then for him to finally be sentenced for his many felonies. bypassing that last step with teh convenience of death, even if by natural causes, but especially through fucking assassination, cheats justice and hurts america. motherfucker needs to be wearing orange.
Yes to all of this. But the very sad truth is that this orange liunatic will be a hero to many for the rest of this country's history, just like Robert E. Lee still is and just like so many still continue to romanticize the Civil War as a "noble cause".
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:10 pm

metsmarathon wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:24 pm not people. only certain former presidents. which apparently makes it ok.

Sorry, the worst thing for our country is not his murder, in my estimation, but his (potential) election. I don't condone violence or gun murder of anyone, by anyone, but gun violence happens every day in this country and that's not going anywhere.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:26 pm

The FED just lowered interest rates by 1/2 %.
It will be interesting to see how the candidates threat that news.
Trump will blame the Fed for making him look bad and Harris will have to state that the FED is independent and she had nothing to do with that decision. It will help the economy (and may hurt jobs) so it is a double edged sword.

Later
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:42 pm

Fman99 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:10 pm

Sorry, the worst thing for our country is not his murder, in my estimation, but his (potential) election
They're both very bad outcomes. But I agree with you. Him winning the Presidential election would be about as bad as things could get. But strictly from a political perspective, his assassination would also be bad, especially for Dems. That's because I think the GOP could still win the election even if he's assassinated. I doubt that the Dems could recover and take the White House if Harris were to be assassinated.

If it weren't for these political considerations, I couldn't give a flying fuck about what bad stuff might happen to the orange lunatic and frankly, would hope and root for the very, very worst for him. He fucking deserves it, probably like no other person that I can think of. Too bad that there really isn't such a thing as Hell and that it's all nonsesnsical crazy talk.
MFS62

Post by MFS62 » Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:40 pm

Voter intimidation, no matter what he says:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sheriff- ... 7ce2596574
An Ohio sheriff whose request on social media for the addresses of Kamala Harris supporters is defending his post after it received nationwide attention and provoked accusations of voter intimidation.
Later
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:08 pm

Agreed and agreed.

If we can't stop this guy by democracy, and instead root for his murder, then the threat he stands for has 100% won. It would lead to a landslide victory for his movement — giving them control of both the White House and Congress with his agenda then carried on by an actual stable president with public sympathy and political capital on his side. And it will put his opponents — instead of him and his supporters — on the defensive and in the position of being enemies of democracy.

Opponents of his should advocate for and participate in his protection, body and soul, and then end his political story overwhelmingly at the ballot box, followed by his legal story with a prison sentence.
metsmarathon

Post by metsmarathon » Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:41 pm

All this with a side helping of the words president jd Vance.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:19 pm

The Actual Electoral Map Is Three States

If the former president wins the East Coast trio of Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia, he will go back to the White House.

Excerpt:
There are really only three states that will decide the presidential election: Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia.

If Vice President Kamala Harris can’t carry Pennsylvania, her only hope is on a Southern strategy. Harris must win either Georgia or North Carolina. She has no other path to the White House. The election could well be determined when polls close in the eastern time zone. (Well, yes, after the ballots are all counted.)

This isn’t to say the other four battlegrounds — Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and Arizona — aren’t important. If Harris loses Pennsylvania, which her aides acknowledge is a highly challenging state, she’d still need to pick up one of the two Western states as well as one of the two Southern states to win — so long as she carries Michigan and Wisconsin.

Yet none of those other four battlegrounds are relevant if Trump first blocks her in Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... wtab-en-us

A scary thought, if true. You hafta figure that the madman would be the favorite to take both Georgia and NC.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:35 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:19 pm The Actual Electoral Map Is Three States

If the former president wins the East Coast trio of Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia, he will go back to the White House.

Excerpt:
There are really only three states that will decide the presidential election: Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Georgia.

If Vice President Kamala Harris can’t carry Pennsylvania, her only hope is on a Southern strategy. Harris must win either Georgia or North Carolina. She has no other path to the White House. The election could well be determined when polls close in the eastern time zone. (Well, yes, after the ballots are all counted.)

This isn’t to say the other four battlegrounds — Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada and Arizona — aren’t important. If Harris loses Pennsylvania, which her aides acknowledge is a highly challenging state, she’d still need to pick up one of the two Western states as well as one of the two Southern states to win — so long as she carries Michigan and Wisconsin.

Yet none of those other four battlegrounds are relevant if Trump first blocks her in Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... wtab-en-us

A scary thought, if true. You hafta figure that the madman would be the favorite to take both Georgia and NC.
And if he wins just two of those three states, he'll probably win, given all of the mayhem that is guaranteed to follow this upcoming election. He already has his goon squads organized and ready to strike in the large swing state urban centers -- Milwaukee, Detroit and Philadelphia. They're not even trying to hide the skullfuckery that they're pulling in GOP controlled Georgia.

And you should be terrified, extremely terrified of what SCOTUS is capable of doing to steal the election for the GOP. This current iteration of SCOTUS is the most corrupt and partisan SCOTUS in the country's history. Terrified. It's been gaslighting this country for years now but their Trump immunity decision is all you need to know to know where it's at.
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:59 pm

Man, fuck the Electoral College for taking this decision out of the hands of the majority of the states and their voters. Why should Pennsyltucky decide who is the next president?
whippoorwill

Post by whippoorwill » Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:09 pm

That’s what I say