The Trevor Bauer is a Douchebag Thread

kcmets

Re: The Trevor Bauer is a Douchebag Thread

Post by kcmets » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:10 pm

A poll on how we feel about the Mets not getting Trevor Bauer might be interesting.
Four or five carefully worded choices? I'd do it, but I'm not in the mood to be humiliated,
ridiculed and/or bulleted with questions if the choices don't 'measure up to some.'
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:21 pm

I'll give it a shot.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Edgy MD wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:49 am
batmagadanleadoff wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:30 amIf Bauer signed with the Mets, it wouldn't have been because of anything I said or did. What would you do if Bauer signed with the Mets? Would you boycott the Mets? Not follow them? Root for the O's, instead? Leave this forum? Burn your Mets baseball cards?

I wouldn't vote Bauer for President. (Unless he was the Democratic candidate).
I'd probably take the good with the bad, and publicly advocate against his douchiness, as I did with Harvey. I've invested more in this team than he has. Fuck him.\

So then we're pretty much alike, there. I'd call him out, too, for his douchiness. But I'd still root for the Mets to win when he pitches and if he pitches anything like he did last year, I'd treat his Mets starts as must-see TV.
Centerfield

Post by Centerfield » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:50 pm

nymr83 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:37 pm
Centerfield wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:52 pm I think they are arguing about politics on Twitter and it went bad.

Which is surprising because usually talking politics online is so productive.

I’m blocked by Stroman, which is odd because I’ve been very positive about him, and I avoid anything Bauer posts.
Which is just to say they are bored athletes in the offseason. Are there accounts of Bauer's teammates actually not liking him? of Stroman not being adult enough to be a professional when someone he doesnt agree with is on his team? it just seems like garbage to me.

Trevor Bauer will help some team win, unfortunately it won't be our team. There are definitely baseball reasons to think the Mets may NOT regret letting him get away, but the twitter shit is just dumb as far as reasons go.
You quoted me. But I’m not sure our posts are related.
Marshmallowmilkshake

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 pm

The Mets clearly didn't have the same concerns since they offered him the contract. But after the Porter and Calloway relevations -- and knowing the other one would come to light -- the optics of signing a known cyber bully are pretty awful. An organization undergoing reputation repair shouldn't seek a player like that.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:09 pm

This season will also be the tenth anniversary (already) of teams (including the Mets) partnering with anti-bullying initiatives.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Steve Cohen bummed over Mets’ Trevor Bauer miss

By Ken Davidoff

If the Mets can cross the finish line with Francisco Lindor on a $300-million-plus extension, the shortstop will become the first nine-figure player commitment of the Steve Cohen Era. Yet if the Mets’ new owner had his way, that milestone already would be reached…with Trevor Bauer.

In a question-and-answer session with Mets radiocaster Wayne Randazzo published Monday, Cohen expressed his surprise and disappointment that the team didn’t land the 2020 National League Cy Young Award winner in free agency.

“Obviously we wanted to get Bauer and we made a heck of a bid,” Cohen said. “I thought we had him.”

The Post’s Joel Sherman first reported that the Mets believed they would land Bauer after offering him $105 million over three years. However, the Southern California native went to his hometown Dodgers for $102 million over three years. The Dodgers deal, like the Mets’ package, features opt-outs after both 2021 and 2022.
https://nypost.com/2021/03/30/steve-coh ... auer-miss/
Ceetar

Post by Ceetar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm

"I'm in the midst of failing to extend one of the best players in the game, and a fan favorite outfielder, let's talk about the average asshole I really wanted to give money to"
Please listen to my podcast? You Did What Now?

Please listen to our podcast? Mets On Tap

www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan

Barley Prose
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 pm

I wonder what the Mets off-season would've been like had the Wilpons managed to hold on to the team for another season?

And who here'd be still sticking up for the Wilpons?
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 pm

Ceetar wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:28 pm"I'm in the midst of failing to extend one of the best players in the game, and a fan favorite outfielder, let's talk about the average asshole I really wanted to give money to"
That's sort of it, yeah.
Ceetar

Post by Ceetar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:08 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 pm I wonder what the Mets off-season would've been like had the Wilpons managed to hold on to the team for another season?

depends, I have more faith in Brodie having extended Lindor (trading for Lindor in the first place is a different story, but maybe?) than Sandy. Perhaps Brodie would've included McNeil instead of Rosario or something?

But otherwise, much the same? They AGAIN went for the second best catcher. They again punted defense and didn't grab the CF who could help. Bullpen remains a bit thin.

Probably note quite the rotation depth, especially if they didn't get Carrasco (who, i guess, technically, they don't really have yet) I could see Brodie/Jeff salivating over Bauer just as much, maybe enough for an extra 10 mill to land him. He's probably a worse bet than Carrasco though, so they'd still be worse off.

There would be less Porter/harassment stuff.
Please listen to my podcast? You Did What Now?

Please listen to our podcast? Mets On Tap

www.ceetar.com/optimisticmetsfan

Barley Prose
nymr83

Post by nymr83 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:39 pm

batmagadanleadoff wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:33 pm I wonder what the Mets off-season would've been like had the Wilpons managed to hold on to the team for another season?

"Rich Hill is a great pitcher and we believe strongly in his health" "Rosario is ready to breakout, just wait and see"
bmfc1

Post by bmfc1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:42 pm

nymr83

Post by nymr83 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:27 am

Why are news outlets obscuring the name of the accuser when HER OWN ATTORNEY is publicly using her name?
Marshmallowmilkshake

Post by Marshmallowmilkshake » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:58 am

We dodged a bullet when this monster chose the Dodgers.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:08 am

nymr83 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:27 am Why are news outlets obscuring the name of the accuser when HER OWN ATTORNEY is publicly using her name?
More importantly, why aren't they using the word "douchebag"?
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:34 am

I never once wanted any part of this asshat in a Mets uniform. Glad to see I can still be right about something on occasion.
Benjamin Grimm

Post by Benjamin Grimm » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:30 am

Warning: The following article contains graphic allegations of domestic violence and sexual assault. This post has been updated with a response from Bauer's representatives.
Disturbing details emerge in Trevor Bauer assault allegations
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:56 am

I'll wait to hear Bauer's full side. Her side has some real inconsistencies.

Worst case scenario for Bauer: he's a psychopath.
Best case scenario: he's being set up by a gold-digger willing to have the living shit beaten out of her in hopes of wrangling a multi-million dollar legal settlement from the very deep-pocketed Bauer.

Either way, though, he's got some, let's just say, unconventional sexual turn-ons.

And he may be a psychopath even if it turns out that he is being set up.

The media's gonna love this one. It's got everything.
Centerfield

Post by Centerfield » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm

It's one of those cases where even the best-case scenario isn't so great for Bauer.

I'm glad he's not a Met. Imagine the circus it would be with all of this going down.
Fman99

Post by Fman99 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:11 pm

Yikes. What a creep.
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Centerfield wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:04 pm It's one of those cases where even the best-case scenario isn't so great for Bauer.
Yeah, I know. Even under the best of circumstances for Bauer, he made a terrible choice -- to engage in that kind of sex, even if it turns out to have been totally consensual -- with practically a stranger whom he met just before the incident in question on social media. Highly paid athletes like Bauer have to be extra careful because, given their enormous wealth, they're targets for all kinds of unscrupulous scammers.

Bauer's in a fucking mess either way.
kcmets

Post by kcmets » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Right, "oh, and before I choke you to near death and hammer you like chop meat
can you sign this unscrupulous scammer disclaimer form because - ya know - I am
somewhat of a celebrity sports star with no track record of being an asshole?" "Yes,
there, and initial here and there." "You're a peach!"
#lgm #ygb #ymdyf
batmagadanleadoff

Post by batmagadanleadoff » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:37 pm

kcmets wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:27 pm Right, "oh, and before I choke you to near death and hammer you like chop meat
can you sign this unscrupulous scammer disclaimer form because - ya know - I am
somewhat of a celebrity sports star with no track record of being an asshole?" "Yes,
there, and initial here and there." "You're a peach!"
Whaddya mean by your post? Is that sarcasm aimed at me and my posts? Do you deny that there are people out there who enjoy engaging in extremely violent sex? Because if you do, what do you think S&M is?
Last edited by batmagadanleadoff on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Edgy MD

Post by Edgy MD » Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:38 pm

If you can cover all your bases and prove to the last degree that this was totally consensual, do you really want to be the guy who stands in a courtroom with pictures of a brutalized woman in front of the judge and say, "She totally consented to that — in fact, she was really into it"?

Do you really want to employ that guy? Do you EVER want to root for that guy?

Here's hoping the Dodgers included the same Don't be a massive psychotic douchebag clause in his contract that Sesame Place made me sign.

Also, will the fact that he uses electrify-my-brain therapy as a legal performance enhancer ultimately be used in his defense? I sure would be tempted to if I was his lawyer.