What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Cole Sulser

Edgy MD

What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Cole Sulser

Post by Edgy MD » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 pm

Am I a 2024 Met or am I a purveyor of finer menswear?

Many people might be flummoxed by this question, but not you. For you, my attentive reader, have seen me appear in three games for the Flushing Nine this season. Perhaps you've even seen my right arm pitching for the Rays, the Orioles, the Marlins or the Diamondbacks over the previous four seasons. That makes five big league clubs in five seasons for me, yes, but that just adds up to the fact that I am, indeed a big leaguer.

The recipient of two bachelor's degrees from Dartmouth, I am therefore a two-time member of IvyMets Association, a fraternity that includes Bill Almon (Brown), Mike Baxter (Columbia), Ron Darling (Yale), Jeff Musselman (Harvard), Mark Johnson (Dartmouth, woo-hoo!), Ken MacKenzie (Yale), Grover Powell (Pennsylvania), Mike Remlinger (Dartmouth, baby!), Frank Seminara (Columbia), and pitching Chris Young (Princeton).

Ivy Leaguers are smart! But you know who is smarter? People who can predict what my contributions will be in 2024.

A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.
Cowtipper

Re: What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Cole Sulser

Post by Cowtipper » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:20 pm

The Mets will give him the Cole shoulder and he'll be gone by late May. Claimed off waivers by the Marlins, who will keep him for two weeks, then he'll be claimed off waivers by the Rockies.

7.87 ERA in 9 appearances.
Edgy MD

Re: What's in Store for Twenty-Four?: Cole Sulser

Post by Edgy MD » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Anybody else?

Cole is totally going to pitch in more than 12 games, right? I mean, he's already appeared n three and it isn't May 1 yet.
A Shaolin monk does not sell himself for a handful of rice.